Converting my Rattle & Hum DVD to CD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's such a quality film that I'd be really interested in making a CD out of it (or at least putting it up on my PC in sound form).

I have a Sony DVD player.

Is there anyway to do this? Can anyone help? :(

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
It's such a quality film that I'd be really interested in making a CD out of it (or at least putting it up on my PC in sound form).

I have a Sony DVD player.

Is there anyway to do this? Can anyone help? :(

Hi there...

If your computer can play DVD's, you can rip the sound quite easily - without having to connect your DVD player, A/V cables or headphone jack, to the computer. There are many DVD ripping programs for free on the net. I ripped the Boston DVD to CD with just my computer.

Re: Re: Converting my Rattle & Hum DVD to CD?

senrab said:

Hi there...

If your computer can play DVD's, you can rip the sound quite easily - without having to connect your DVD player, A/V cables or headphone jack, to the computer. There are many DVD ripping programs for free on the net. I ripped the Boston DVD to CD with just my computer.

What one would you recommend? I have the live Jeff Buckley dvd and I want to rip some of the songs off it into individual mp3s.

I have a Mac...I don't know about any Windows programs. I know that you need an exctraction program (I used DVD Extractor) and then something to convert the resulting .ac3 audio file into a .wav, .aif, etc. (mACdec1.1). Then you're good to go.

I tried this with the Boston DVD last night using that guide I linked to and it didn't work out too well. The sound level is too low and Bono's vocals are buried too deep in the mix. I guess the easy part is extracting the AC3 audio (also the somewhat illegal part :) ) and one should play around with the downmixing process.

If you extract the PCM track you get a perfect sounding cd quiality version of the track, dont extract the dolby digital one. I used a program called easydivx, that creates a .avi divx file of the movie you extract and a .wav or .mp3 track of the audio.

Back
Top Bottom