Constant Bashing of Americans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
80sU2isBest said:

Good grief, calm down. The "tongue sticking out" instead of a thought-provoking response just seems very immature to me.

Ok, chief..

Aardvark747 said:
Can someone answer my post now....:reject:

I will. In my opinion, we Americans came into the war too late. It took Pearl Harbor to get us involved. FDR had wanted to get the US into the war earlier, but really didn't receive much support for the idea from the people or from Congress.

80sU2isBest said:

I will. In my opinion, we Americans came into the war too late. It took Pearl Harbor to get us involved. FDR had wanted to get the US into the war earlier, but really didn't receive much support for the idea from the people or from Congress.

What an idiot I am....I totally forgot about Pearl Harbour for a minute.

Who was the president at the time then?

Aardvark747 said:

What an idiot I am....I totally forgot about Pearl Harbour for a minute.

Who was the president at the time then?

Franklin D. Roosevelt

My fellow Americans....

The band loves us despite our flaws. And, frankly, I think that's what this is all about. Think about it.

Last edited:
80sU2isBest said:

But let me remind you of the way you used to treat me, and you'll know the main reason I thought it was directed at me.

Why would you want to remind me 80s? Do you like to harbour resentment or keep account of the injury? If I did, I'm sure I would be able to recall the injurious things that prompted me to react in the way that I did. But since I believe we should not, I do not even remember. I remembered another poster simply because of his name, it's cool, and it triggered a memory of some type of debate we'd had.

Now that you do mention it, you *have now triggered a memory about the 'go to hell' statement...my recollection is that I was using a pun because you believed in something that I did not in a literal sense. I think mainly the case there was that you don't understand certain types of humour or wit.

80s: I'm done with this now. You ranting about past history with me on FYM and for that matter this whole discussion about American politics that you love so much simply doesn't belong here, in my opinion.

Really, the only thing that has been proven is that you belong back in FYM. I post about U2 now, and the odd soundbite here and there on unrelated topics. I have absolutely no interest in arguing tired old debates or rekindling some old war that I thought was long gone.

Put it to bed, it's over.

Back
Top Bottom