Congrats to the New England Patriots and all of their fans here and there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
Good job to the Patriots.

MVP should have gone to the kicker though, Adam Vinateri (sp?)

All of you guys; Doctorwho, Gina Marie, PoPkid and others-you were spot on you rule!

I am not sure how the RAMS lost the way they did, but F### it A team of "destiny" sure did win so good job guys!

Hi there Oxygen, my party is done but i am not!
wink.gif

Originally posted by z edge:
Good job to the Patriots.

MVP should have gone to the kicker though, Adam Vinateri (sp?)

All of you guys; Doctorwho, Gina Marie, PoPkid and others-you were spot on you rule!

I am not sure how the RAMS lost the way they did, but F### it A team of "destiny" sure did win so good job guys!

The Rams lost because Kurt Warner was hardly there this evening. Marshall Faulk tried his best, but he just couldn't make up for Warner.

Oh, on a slightly different topic, anyone else think that Willie McGinest should buy Adam Vinatieri dinner for saving his ass?

Just my opinion...
-Mike

Congrat's to the Pat's AFC RULES.

------------------
Dream up the kind of world you want to live in.
Dream OUTLOUD. At HIGH VOLUME.
Peace to U2 and 2U
U2Byrd
icon27.gif

Originally posted by Mike P:

Oh, on a slightly different topic, anyone else think that Willie McGinest should buy Adam Vinatieri dinner for saving his ass?

Just my opinion...
-Mike

Hahahahahahhaha....

tru that. Vinateri should've been the mvp. I still can't believe that McGinest held Faulk like that. I think Willy thought Marshall had the ball or something
rolleyes.gif

Pats win, U2 plays an amazing set. Life is good.

On a side note, I was listening to WEEI and some guy called up and said that the halftime show was the best he'd ever seen in the history of the superbowl. I think a lot of people will say that!

UNtil U2 plays another haltime show-this was it-the best ever!

PoPkid I hope you DID bet a lot of $$$$

Originally posted by Like O2:
YAY!!!

then share the grapes-------------

------------------
U2Oklahoma&
Z
-
E
D
G
E

Ze69
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO

Originally posted by Mike P:
The Rams lost because Kurt Warner was hardly there this evening. Marshall Faulk tried his best, but he just couldn't make up for Warner.
yeah, but can you blame him for being shook up? For over half the game, he got absolutely no protection whatsoever.
And I don't think throwing for 365 yards is being "hardly there".

Good point 80's, the Pats really 'brought it' to Warner. I noticed a couple of times his mouth was kinda bloody which was odd since he had that extra protection on his facemask. At least once, they even took his helmet off completely
eek.gif

GinaM,
Whats up eith that picture of a person in a tree??
confused.gif
??

O2-
explain the graaaapes
confused.gif
?????

------------------
U2Oklahoma&
Z
-
E
D
G
E

Ze69
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO

Hey, check out the tribute I made for you guys! I hope you will appeciate it, it's got lots of pictures.
http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum1/HTML/017821.html

Gee it sure sucks being mostly ignored! I I've seen people say that there are cliques here, and you will post something and be ignored, and someone else more popular will post exactly the same topic and it will take off like wildfire, sigh, I guess this is a perfect example of that!

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 02-04-2002).]

LikeO2 has a grape fettish.
tongue.gif

z edge, could you please email me... I need to talk to you.

sicy@interference.com

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Random thoughts...

-I didn't think the Pats could win before the game. I changed my mind right after I saw them eschew the individual player introductions in favor of the team introduction.

-The Pats had at least seven viable candidates for MVP. Tom Brady, Antowain Smith, Troy Brown, Adam Vinatieri, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Otis Smith. I think Tom Brady got only 8 of the 19 MVP votes. The Patriots' defense during the Super Bowl was one of the best performances by a defensive backfield I had ever seen.

-On the play where Ricky Proehl scored (a designed `pick' play), Isaac Bruce blocked one or two DBs while the ball was up. It was about as bad as the play where Willie McGinest held Marshall Faulk, negating the Patriots runback for a TD.

-Kurt Warner never threw the deep ball, perhaps because of his thumb. Even against zone defenses he usually throws deep a few times per game. It's pretty amazing to watch him drop in a long throw in his receiver's arms just before the safety closes in. Unfortunately, he never got the chance to do so.

Those pics of Brady were nice!

CONGRATS to all the Pats fans in here!!

------------------
Love will make you mine...
Creep up from behind...
Get you jumping out of your skin...
Angel, it's sink or swim.

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 02-04-2002).]

Between the awesome game and U2 at halftime, this was the best overall Super Bowl ever.

I was worried that Vinatieri was going to pull a "kicker from the Stuck video," but he pulled it off.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Originally posted by z edge:

O2-
explain the graaaapes
confused.gif
?????

It's a visual thing, z. I'll show you in Dallas.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
LikeO2 has a grape fettish.
tongue.gif

Damn, you figured it out!
wink.gif

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

Drew Bledsoe skipped the parade in Boston.
frown.gif

I guess he got tired of having to plaster the
smile.gif
on his face.

Oh well. I hope he has a nice life wherever he gets traded to.

Back
Top Bottom