Confirmed: Lovetown dvd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As huge HUGE LoveTown fan, this post pisses me off. I fail to see the humour in it.

If you had any idea how amazing the band was during this time, especially the early shows in Australia then you would not joke around.

Hey Mods,

you moderate the living hell out of this forum.

How about joke threads?

This serves no purpose but to mislead.

Nothing about U2 at all is included in this thread.

Yet here we are on page 3.

Should it have an IO in front of the title?

Please tell us why it's still here.

Peterrrrr said:

On Lovetown Bono used a lot of falsetto and soundes like Kermit :)

LOL! Well, I wouldn't say Kermit, but you are right, he does push the "opera voice" (as I like to call it) a lot.

A good example, for those who have no idea what we mean, are the opening words of "Bullet" on the R&H DVD. Listen carefully to "in the howling wind". The first time I heard this I laughed.

Bono usually used that voice to create a richer sound or hit a note his normal singing voice couldn't hit (or at least at that moment). In some ways, Bono's current voice is better as it's more pure. This is his natural singing voice. In other ways, I have to admit that this "opera" effect did add a richness. Hmmm... :hmm:

The Kermit voice creeped into the Auckland New Zealand performance of Miss Sarajevo... during the opera bit.

Axver said:

Only according to the deaf.

Don't take life to serious :) He sounded like kermit, to deny that is to say that Larry like the Passanger album, Bono has a good memory, Adam has never been cool and Edge want to be on the news just like Bono.

Peterrrrr said:

Don't take life to serious :) He sounded like kermit, to deny that is to say that Larry like the Passanger album, Bono has a good memory, Adam has never been cool and Edge want to be on the news just like Bono.

To say he sounded like Kermit is bloody absurd. I seriously have no idea where you get that nonsense from. Evidence, please? Cite concerts, songs, and specific lines. I'll check my bootlegs.

Preferably go with a top quality boot such as the four from Dublin, please. There are some Lovetown bootlegs (Brisbane, I'm looking at you) where Bono sounds like a bloody chipmunk just because the equipment used wasn't so flash.

kennerado said:
As huge HUGE LoveTown fan, this post pisses me off. I fail to see the humour in it.

If you had any idea how amazing the band was during this time, especially the early shows in Australia then you would not joke around.

:yes:

And I can't say much also , coz I didn't see the bloody picture

MrBrau1 said:
Hey Mods,

you moderate the living hell out of this forum.

How about joke threads?

This serves no purpose but to mislead.

Nothing about U2 at all is included in this thread.

Yet here we are on page 3.

Should it have an IO in front of the title?

Please tell us why it's still here.

If we close people's joke threads we get lectured to "lighten up", it was "just a joke", etc.

If we don't, we get posts like this.

How about next time just use the report button to bring a thread to our attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom