Concerning a very special bootleg...please help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Se7en

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Do any of you trading gurus know if there is possibly...by some incredibly small chance...a bootleg for the U2 show in Buffalo @ Shea's Theater in 1983??? I haven't seen it anywhere and I would like to know if one exists. I would like to get it for my father...it's the only U2 gig he's ever seen.

------------------
The numeral 7

Try U2bloodredsky.com

It has 95% of all bootlegs. If it doesn't have that one, Mark can place an ad for it...you mayhave more luck that way.

Hope u find it!

(1983...god, that was around, when? October time? Or was it still Boy?)

There is no CD of it at this time. I checked back in my archives from my tape trading days eons ago. I few people had that show on tape but gave it a VERY poor quality rating. Unfortunately I dont even have the tape version and you will probebly never see a conversion to CD as the quality was so bad. Sorry, I wish I had better news for you.

Blarg...
frown.gif

I will reward the person who finds a good boot of that show with an awesome gift.

Wait a minute....Arun..you're from Amherst???

Thanks for all your help guys
smile.gif
...even if it may be futile
frown.gif
...I hope something turns up!
eek.gif

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 10-28-2001).]

It does exist. I do not have it, and I can only assume that it is the complete show that is in circulation. I can tell you that the quality is poor.

------------------
Looking for U2 bootlegs?
www.geocities.com/u2trades

Oh nice, look at all the new smilies!!! but anyway...

Here's an update:
Hepcat got me a the e-mail address of a trader who has this bootleg. I sent an e-mail and hopefully something will come of it. Thanks for all of your help.

------------------
The numeral 7

Well Hepcat managed to hook me up with a recording...even if it is only on tape...I'll take what I can get.

Arun..this man deserves a prize!

------------------
The numeral 7

What kind of quality is the recording suppose to be? Just curious, as I indicated I knew there was a tape out there but from what I have heard the quality is pathetic. There are some VERY bad audience recordings from that era. If it is decent you should look at converting it to CD as I dont think that show has been done to CD.

I'm pretty confident that the quality is as poor as Blue Room thinks it is (trader rates it at 5 out of 10), although I'm sure 7's dad will love it anyway. Probably not much point is converting it to CD, other than not making it any worse with wear and tear on the tape.

------------------
Looking for U2 bootlegs?
www.geocities.com/u2trades

yes it does...I think i've been there a few times...its more like 45 minutes isn't it??

I'm sure it depends on what speed you take it...hehe...

we should set somethin up sometime...

------------------
The numeral 7

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 10-29-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom