Complete ITunes Package Question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sting

The Fly
There is a "Unreleased and Rare" selection that comes with the U2 Complete Set available on iTunes... i'm curious if this can be bought as a CD with packaging (like any other U2 CD) or if it is only available in the Complete Set.

This is also the same with the U2 Love: Live from point Depot and the Live from Boston 1981 thing - can I buy an officially released CD anywhere for these or is the only way to get it through the Itunes.

I decided I am going to buy almost every official release MINUS singles(because it will be impossible to get all of them) and if I can get the official live CD's, than I will. If not I will just have to purchase them through iTunes!

Thanks!

The Unreleased&Rare is only available in ITunes. The two live performances you could find as bootlegs, but only as official releases in the ITunes set. The sound quality is probably better in the live releases.

By Live Releases did you mean Official Releases? (Because technically Bootlegs ARE Live Releases)

ANd crap... I can't just buy the Unreleased and Rare songs! I would have to buy the ENTIRE Complete U2 thing just to get all the unreleased stuff I can't get... thats pretty weak.

I thought I could just buy the tracks I want... but I guess for all the unreleased and special stuff you can ONLY get it when you buy the entire set! Thats kinda lame.

Last edited:
yea you can only get the unreleased and live versions if you get all of them.. which only works if you are a new fan or younger (like me) and didnt own every album...

sorry!

Well I am a young fan.. but I own a bunch of the albums already.

Sting said:
ANd crap... I can't just buy the Unreleased and Rare songs! I would have to buy the ENTIRE Complete U2 thing just to get all the unreleased stuff I can't get... thats pretty weak.
Yeah, it's a real dick up the ass.

Just pirate it like a ton of other U2 fans who would've bought it if it were sold separately.

And get bootlegs instead of the box set live shows (which are basically bootlegs, only most bootleggers don't trade lossy recordings...).

I downloaded mine. If there were a hardcopy "complete U2" or a seperate "unreleased and rare" on cd I would definately buy! But I own all U2's albums, DVD's and VHS's and a fair number of singles (like a lot of people here) and I don't see why I should be forced to buy them all again - in an INFERIOR MEDIUM no less - just to get a few tracks I don't already have.

It's all very well releasing tracks online, but 128k AAC is insufficient quality for some people (such as myself), therefore its important to have a CD (or at least flac/high bitrate mp3) in addition - that way people can choose which they want. $3 for the CD or $1 for the download.

As a number of people have said, it is clever marketing, yet unfair since U2 clearly know the people who will want "unreleased and rare" are die-hard fans who already have all the albums.

Where can I download these tracks that are only on the Unreleased and Rare and the other live tracks?

I'd love to get the rarities and BSides section, and the Boston performance from 1981, but I'm not going to pay for all the albums I already have...hmmm indecision.

Back
Top Bottom