Complete Info For New CD (Unofficial)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murray

Acrobat
I know there are tons of other threads like this, but I am putting it all into one. Post all the info you think about for the new CD. Make a tracklist! Direct a video! Do whatever you want and put it in this thread!!

Album name - Vertigo (no matter what Neil says)

Tracklist -
1. Vertigo
2. Love And Peace Or Else
3. All Because Of You
4. Miracle Drug
5. Yaweh
6. Crumbs From Your Table
7. City Of Blinding Lights
8. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
9. Native Son
10. (a song we haven't heard of yet)
11. A Man & A Woman

Album artwork - the whole theme of the artwork will have a blue tint. The lyrics will be written in dark, dark blue with a light, light blue background. Individual band member shots will be in between lyric pages. After all the lyrics, there will be a full band shot. The actual CD will be a photo of the blue sky and "U2 - Vertigo" will be written on the bottom. It will be in a clear jewel case, and the other side of the back (you know, it was all silver on POP, you know what I am talking about) will have a shot of the band's from behind, looking up at the sky.

Bonus DVD - Footage of the band recoding six of the songs on the album, the "Vertigo" music video, the making of the "Vertigo" music video, and exclusive interviews with Steve Lillywhite.

Video - The "Vertigo" video will just be the band playing in front of a white background with a black spiral. They will be individually be shown playing their instruments, except for the chorus where they are all playing in the same shot.

Second Single - "All Because Of You"
Third Single - "Miracle Drug"
Fourth Single - "City Of Blinding Lights"

Tour - The "VERTIGO" TOUR will be a huge sucess and will have a DVD by the end of 2005.

That is all! Post your ideas!

Last edited:
Vertigo has officially been written off as the title name by Macormick remember? Although I would love that title, it seems that 'How to Dismantle An Atomic bomb' is the way to go. Although I find it more likely that U2 will surprise us with a completely unexpected title. Who here reckons bono's 'purple' look from early photo shoots for the album looks awsome. I personally love the jacket and it's just a really cool and 'mischevious' look, if that is the right description.

I believe Miracle Drug will be their second single and All because of You their third as their tour kicker. They wouldn't release a slower, less rocky song (although Miracle Drug it's the best fkn song I have heard in hears) right before a tour, they'll release ABOY in March sometime, perfect for the tour IMO.

I highly doubt "Vertigo" would be the ALBUM name as well as the SINGLE name. The title of the album will tie the vibe of the album's songs together.

HelloAngel said:
I highly doubt "Vertigo" would be the ALBUM name as well as the SINGLE name.

I agree, I dont see u2 doing this. I think the song missing from the tracklist should be TOUGH.

You guys doubt its called Vertigo? Didn't anyone read my post?? Vertigo was WRITTEN OFF as the title name by Neil Macormick. He said its DEFINATELY not called Vertigo. I hope it will be called HTDAAB

Yeah, but you also said Miracle Drug is the best song you 've heard in years. Seriously, what are you hearing? A few lines and a slide guitar and not clear either. It ain't that inspiring.

Are you talking to me? If you are im gathering the impression that you think im lying? LOL. Ok then. There are sources ALL OVER the place if you don't believe me that Neil Mcormoick said that Vertigo is not the album name. I cbf finding the article, it's on this site, i don't really care. If I misinterpreted you, sorry.
Anyway, everyone must be very hard of hearing if they can't hear the Miracle Drug clip properly. I can hear the vocals, guitar and bass very clearly and indeed, it is something VERY special, and I stand by my original statement of it being the best piece of music i've heard in years, then again, virtually nothing decent music-wise has come out in the past few years, so it didn't have a lot of competition (apart from Coldplay and New Order).

Back
Top Bottom