Competition to meet U2!!From @u2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's Tart

Refugee
From @u2

September 15, 2006 - Win a Meeting with U2
Where: New York City
Restrictions: Open to Canadian residents only.

Enter to win a trip to New York City to meet the band, courtesy of U Music Canada.

Good luck to the Canadian fans amazing isnt it how this has popped up it must be linked in with the U2 by U2 book signing in New York??
But once again nothing for London and Dublin????

:huh:

Here's what it says on the link:

Once In A Lifetime Chance To Meet U2!
That's right. Here's your chance to rub shoulders with the Irish uber-rockers! Text the keyword "ZOO" to 909090 (50 per text entry) to enter for your chance to win the grand prize of a trip for two to New York City to meet U2! See our contest page for full contest rules and no purchase entry details. Be sure to enter soon - the contest closes on September 20th. And don't forget to check out the Zoo TV - Live In Sydney DVD, dropping on September 19th! The limited-edition version features never-before-seen footage, including video confessionals, mini documentaries and hidden footage. A must-have for any U2 fan

Headache in a Suitcase said:
got'cha i see it now.

:hmm: interesting... perhaps they will be making a few appearances ahead of their book release

they are doing book signings only problem ticket only!!

competitions and one coming up on u2.com to win tickets to the various dates, but its on a strict no ticket no admittance scenario.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
where'd ya hear about the u2.com contests?

from two very good reliable sources!!:wink:
and no its not the Edge's cousin before you start!!:lol:

known about this for about 5 weeks but am so p**ed off at what i heard today about it being ticket only decided to post it !

Bono's Tart said:

London and New York not too sure about Dublin although they should do one there.

is this and the u2.com competition all from the u2.com message boards? no news of any of this seems to have hit here yet..

Oh great - as usual every province except Quebec. Fuck you, rest of Canada!

Only in the territorial sense, I still want hugs :love:

ALass4Larry said:
So...we just watch this board to see if we can win a ticket to the NYC booksigning? Even if we're NOT Canadian??

No this comp is for Canadians only the ticket competition will be on u2.com for London anyway.

I think it all fits in, its out next Friday 22nd here , I feel sure the London book signing will be either 21st or 22nd.

According to the publishers yes, not ticket no entry!!

There will be a competition on u2.com within the next few days for London and I would have thought for New York a couple of days before that one. Big problem is that they will be at VERY short notice so if you have distance to travel you could well be stuffed .. bit like me really!! thats why I am so angry about this.

Plus the publishers also said that all the tickets had gone(!!!!) to winners via magazine comp winners as well!!!
What bloody magazines?????

Only thing we can think of is maybe the Sunday papers here in the UK will run one this weekend maybe The Times?:shrug:

Last edited:
Re book signings, these are a sometime away so nothing has been set in stone .... Yet

Patience is a virtue as they say so please stay tuned and watch the homepage in the near future, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

HURRAH!!!!!!!
A semi update from one of the mods on u2.com about the book signings, I dont want to be surprised I expect to eb bllody well amazed!!!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom