Comparing Vertigo to other U2 songs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cutters10C

The Fly
I see a lot of people comparing this song to old U2 singles and saying how it does not compare to those and is not as good. I am just not sure what people were expecting. Did we really think that this song was going to come out and replace songs like With or Without You, Pride, The Fly, etc. right off the bat? I mean, these are songs that I have loved and listened to for over half of my life, they have grown on me over time in a way that no other songs have. I myself am not ready to compare this song to these songs that have been the soundtrack to my life, but I am still loving it and I think that over time this will become a U2 classic. I don't know, I just felt like getting this off of my chest, maybe I am talking gibberish here.

Not at all, I'm just glad to have 'em back playin' good all rock 'n' roll music again. Sure Vertigo is easy on the ear, it's not ground breaking, and has plenty of old school U2 in there, and why shouldn't they, they're U2 after all, they came up with the sound!

I'm just gonna enjoy the moment of having them back and just enjoy the coming months of reading magazine articles and TV spots/performances. I'm feelin' really good about Vertigo and the up coming album, nothing is gonna take that away from me.

U2 fans are some of the most critical fans in the world of their band, and I think that's great it keeps it all grounded. But sometimes, I think we can be a bit too quick to criticise, and to praise at times, but we're only like that 'cause we're passionate.

Just enjoy it, and ignore what everyone else thinks, keep the moment special to yourself, that's the main thing.

Back
Top Bottom