Commercial on VH1 for U2 Elevation Show in Nov!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
My friend Julie just called me and told me she saw a commercial for VH1, Thanksgiving weekend Elevation Tour "Only on Vh1"

but it didn't say if it was Boston or Providence show!!!!

------------------
"I'm addicted too... I'm just addicted to being up here on this stage.
Adam, Larry Mullen Jr., and Edge. They're my drug. Tonight I'm feeling high."
-Bono, Tempe, Arizona

"I just wanted to say that I'm really thrilled
to be spending my brithday with 18,000 of my closest friends!
Larry onstage, 10.31.01

* U2TakeMeHigher *

i *think* it's the 23rd from what i've heard... but i'll ask her later on and let you know
smile.gif

yeah, i saw the commerical on mtv. i was so excited! i started yelling "it's bono! it's bono! el-e-va-tion!"

then, my friend told me to shut up.

another reason to eagerly anticipate thanksgiving break.
smile.gif

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

What jacket is bono wearing? We should be able to tell if it's the boston show or prov show by what jacket he wears in the commercial. Does it say 2002 on it?

Hello,

I just got this from http://www.U2.com

U2's Elevation performance from Boston will make its world premiere on VH1 on Friday November 23rd.

The programme will offer fans an exclusive advance viewing of concert footage of the band's full-length Elevation DVD which is due for release shortly afterwards.

The VH1 show will also be aired live on radio - it is a non-exclusive and any rock station that would like to broadcast it can do so. Check your local listings for more.

Elevation Live from Boston will air on VH1 on Friday November 23rd at 9:00pm EST and PST, 8:00pm CST.

Prior to the show, VH1 will again air its Legends special on U2 - that will go out at 8:00pm/7:00pm.

While it's not true that VH1 will have the world premiere (as it has aired in some European countries before) this post does confirm that it is the Boston show they're broadcasting. And it will also be broadcasted on the radio!

Lucky Americans
tongue.gif

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Dang it-I was hoping it would be the Providence show, but I guess this is good enough. When is the DVD going to be out again?

------------------
Fan named Matt (as a fellow fan prepares to take a picture of him with Larry): "You know Larry, I'm a drummer in a band too."

Larry (looks at fan and shrugs, smiling pleasantly toward the camera): "Well, Matt, we all have our problems."

~*April*~

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Son of a- I'll (hopefully) be @ the Phoenix concert that night! Will it be repeating? Anyone?

I'm confused...I'm not sure if there showing the Boston show. According to www.rockontv.com , they show the setlist for Providence night #2, Larry's B-day...

Show: U2 Elevation Live 2001
Episode: U2 Elevation Live 2001
Network: (VH1) Video Hits One
Date: Friday - November 23, 2001
Time: 09:00 pm - 10:30 pm ET

Featured Artists
U2
About U2 Elevation Live 2001
Songs performed are "Elevation;" "Beautiful Day;" "Until The End Of The World;" "New Year's Day;" "I Will Follow;" "Sunday Bloody Sunday;" "Stuck In A Moment;" "Happy Birthday;" "Party Girl;" "Slow Dancing;" "Kite;" "Wild Honey;" "Please;" "Bad / 40;" "Where The Streets Have No Name;" "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For;" "Pride (In The Name Of Love);" "Bullet The Blue Sky;" "What's Going On;" "New York;" "One;" and "When Will I See You Again (snippet) / Walk On."

They can't show the entire concert in that amount of time frame, especially with ads.
I guess we'll have to wait and see on Nov. 23

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
When is the DVD going to be out again?

At Best Buy, three days before the show on VH1. So hopefully we'll be watching it quite a bit before they show it on TV.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Back
Top Bottom