Coming this June....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Okay, everyone, I just got done watching NBC's 75th anniversary special, and I turned the channel to ABC Family because Robin Hood: Men in Tights is on (hahaha!). And what do I see but Edge singing into the microphone, then Bono, Adam, and Larry...They're showing Elevation Boston on ABC Family this June! How cool is that?! I mean, I already have the DVD, but, in case people aren't aware of U2's greatness, maybe some more will be! I wonder what brought this on?

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

they figure there ratings on ABC can only go up after a year in pop, so why not?

Hrmmm...I can't decide whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. I mean, yeah, I'll love it when it's on, but I think a lot of people are getting pretty sick of U2 in their faces all the time. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Originally posted by kariatari:
Hrmmm...I can't decide whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. I mean, yeah, I'll love it when it's on, but I think a lot of people are getting pretty sick of U2 in their faces all the time. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Ah, you mean sort of like what happened with R&H? I'm not too concerned...I still know so many people who have never even HEARD of U2!!!

------------------

Originally posted by wertsie:
Ah, you mean sort of like what happened with R&H? I'm not too concerned...I still know so many people who have never even HEARD of U2!!!

I have 2 friends who had never heard of them at all.

Anyway.. I can't decide if this is bad or good, either
wink.gif
It's good, because there will be new fans, but it's bad because of overexposure possibilities and also there are possibilities of "selling out" comments again, I suppose.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Ack...I've gotten used to those misinformed "selling out" comments by now. It pisses me off to no end, but, as long as I know the truth, screw everyone else!

------------------

Ack...I've gotten used to those misinformed "selling out" comments by now. It pisses me off to no end, but, as long as I know the truth, screw everyone else!

Same here, wertsie!

I still kind of think that the Target CD was leaning toward the dreaded "S-word" (Not sword!
wink.gif
) But then again, it's not like they went into the studio with the express purpose of writing and recording those songs for target - they were previously recorded.

Well they are not on very often over here in Britain and I for one would be very happy if they were on alot. Think yourselves lucky

Ahhhhh, so there is life out there after all!!!! LOL....>!!!!

I love my U2 7 CD! It was great for us USA fans because the singles weren't released over here, and imports tend to be a little expensive sometimes.

------------------

I love my U2 7 CD too, wertsie!
smile.gif
But the reason why I think I wasn't too fond of the idea of the CD was because it was going to be released exclusively at Target. Sure I bought it and of course I loved it, but the fact that it was available only at Target kind of rubbed me in the wrong way.

Ok, I think I'll shut up now because I don't think I'm making my point any clearer and I'm making myself out to be a hyporcite. LOL!

I love my U2 7 CD too, wertsie!
smile.gif
But the reason why I think I wasn't too fond of the idea of the CD was because it was going to be released exclusively at Target. Sure I bought it and of course I loved it, but the fact that it was available only at Target kind of rubbed me in the wrong way.

Ok, I think I'll shut up now because I don't think I'm making my point any clearer and I'm making myself out to be a hyporcite. LOL!

No, actually, I see what you're saying now. Yeah, it was kind of weird that it was only available at Target...Wonder why they did that?...

------------------

Back
Top Bottom