Coldplay iTunes commercial Vs. U2 iTunes Commercial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i saw someones comment on i think the U2 commercial and it said wow this is completely amateur compared to coldplays. i went off at them :D

No, because apparently it is impossible for anyone, anywhere to mention Coldplay without mentioning U2.

What bothers me watching that every time is the U2 comparison. U2 got a lot of flack from their commercials... Coldplay so far... none.

Because at the time, U2 were seen as a band with at least a decent amount of integrity. So it was a bit of a shock to see them in a TV ad all of a sudden. Coldplay in a commercial isn't surprising at all.

I liked both ads, but this Coldplay ad's pretty fun to watch, even with Chrissy's aping at the camera.

I was waiting for him to show his chest-hair at the camera. Something I wish Robin Will... Bono didn't do either.

Yeah ok brilliant one, I want to be Bono.

:rolleyes:

:lmao:

If you don't like these threads, why don't you just spend your time participating in other threads? :shrug:

But...why are they here in the first place? At least merge this with the other one, since they both primarily discuss the same thing: how Coldplay "plagiarizes" U2 at every given opportunity.

Better yet, B&C would be less biased and yield more accurate results.

I honestly don't think the discussion would go any different in a different forum. This thread is fine here, it involves U2 enough. It discusses both of their commercials for comparison's sake. If people aren't interested in discussing this or are just plain sick of U2/Coldplay threads, there are lots of other threads to check out instead.

Coldplay's iPod commercial is way better than the U2 one IMO. Just better use of colors and way less cheesy posturing! Of course, like somebody said to me the other day I suppose they learnt from their mistakes and the iPod commercials have improved of late.

I often wonder, especially since the iPod commercials have improved, if U2 would do another commercial to help promote their new single again. I think it would be cool...

So, I'm sure by now we've all seen the new colorful Coldplay commercial on TV. Now I like Coldplay, I think that they are good band. Some good songs and all that jazz. What bothers me watching that every time is the U2 comparison. U2 got a lot of flack from their commercials... Coldplay so far... none. Maybe it's too early to say but something bugs me about it. I have the latest copy of their new album and............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. i don't know, I guess I gotta listen to it a bit more. Anyhow, feel free to either flame me or add your two cents. Peace!

Holy shit how many damm threads must we have about coldplay or coldplay VS U2. Like seriously, its not coldplay that frustrates me! its the countless threads here about coldplay that frustrate me, its beginning to look more like a coldplay hate forum then a U2 fan forum.

COME ON PEOPLE GIVE IT A REST WE DON"T NEED 1000 COLDPLAY THREADS!!!

Back
Top Bottom