COBL vs DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vox1254

The Fly
Does anyone else think the direction of the COBL music video is better than the Chicago DVD? I was thinking how awesome the DVD could have been if the director, from the music video, directed the Chicago DVD.

The DVD isn't horrible, but I love the COBL video.

Thoughts and comments?

It's better, but not that much. I wouldn't say there's a huge difference between the two.

The DVD bounces around too much.

The video is poorly lit. He directs the camera right into the lights sometimes, and you cannot really see the band.

I think the chicago dvd is better because it feels like a real gig, and not a staged one. The COBL video feels a bit too perfect, everything moving a bit too smoothly. Although i agree with the camera positions and the lighting..they are both better on the COBL video.

I think the chicago dvd is better because it feels like a real gig, and not a staged one. The COBL video feels a bit too perfect, everything moving a bit too smoothly. Although i agree with the camera positions and the lighting..they are both better on the COBL video.

I like the video better, but the DVD has the introduction...

if the video was the full unedited song and had the introduction, it would be amazing.

They both suck personally , bono might aswell be dead in the video and on the DVd its poorly directed.

Buenos Aires DVD. Now that's how you shot COBL!

Although I like them both, I prefer the DVD version over the video because the DVD's lighting is better and because the DVD version has a better wide shot showing the dancing lights around the ellipse.

It is really interesting to compare and contrast the two different directing styles. The video was nothing like what Hamisch does.

Back
Top Bottom