Clayton: Disappointed With His Bass Performance In POP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jick said:
So according to Clayton (who I feel is a pretty good authority in bass playing), his best bass works have come in ATYCLB and HTDAAB. Please do feel free to disagree with him. This is what this thread is all about.

Cheers,

J

No. This thread is about you. This thread is about trolling by changing opinion about every album (from BOY to POP) to opinion only about POP. This thread is about seeking attention to yourself by making another POP bashing thread, wich you know will bring many posts.

Adam's words mean only one thing. That he's not "trying hard" anymore to make something, but it comes to him naturaly right now. And that should be only interpreted by Adam's alcohol problems in the past and his new philosophy (maybe religion?).
He didn't say that it's better, he said it's more simple/easy right now for him.

His playing got better on ATYCLB?
First - he didn't say that!
Second - you can't even hear Adam on ATYCLB, it's the only U2 album that sounds this way...
Better? -No. More simple/easy? -Yes.

bathiu said:

No. This thread is about you. This thread is about trolling by changing opinion about every album (from BOY to POP) to opinion only about POP. This thread is about seeking attention to yourself by making another POP bashing thread, wich you know will bring many posts.

Adam's words mean only one thing. That he's not "trying hard" anymore to make something, but it comes to him naturaly right now. And that should be only interpreted by Adam's alcohol problems in the past and his new philosophy (maybe religion?).
He didn't say that it's better, he said it's more simple/easy right now for him.

His playing got better on ATYCLB?
First - he didn't say that!
Second - you can't even hear Adam on ATYCLB, it's the only U2 album that sounds this way...
Better? -No. More simple/easy? -Yes.

Well, if you want to be really specific about it, just read the first post. Clayton said that he didn't get anywhere and then he compared it to spinning wheels.

Cheers,

J

jick said:

Well, if you want to be really specific about it, just read the first post. Clayton said that he didn't get anywhere and then he compared it to spinning wheels.

Cheers,

J

So why this thread is about POP?
*cough*troll*cough*

"Playing bass has become much simpler the last two records. Before it used to be so complicated. - did he say: "worse/better", or maybe "complicated/simpler"? - I was always trying to come up with the best possible, ever. - and luckily he always came with the best possible - When you put yourself under that much pressure you don't necessarily get anywhere" - but (IMO) not with the music (work) itself, but as a musician (person)...
I might be wrong, but Adams last sentence might have something in common with "karma"... with his present way of life... not with the music he's making...

MoFo one of the best bass lines from Adam Clayton?? Hell no!

He plays something like four notes on that song, is really easy to play (I'm a bass player myself)

On the other hand, Please, Gone and Do you feel loved? have amazing bass lines, really simple, but really efective.

For me, the best bass line in a U2 song is 'Exit', (and New year's day too...)

Back
Top Bottom