Clay Aiken Singing Streets! (on Youtube!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
After reading much to my amazement that Clay Aiken sings Streets in his live show (as discussed in the MJB One thread), I did a search and after sifting through a few google pages, found the following....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PG2n0pJlFCc

Those wrist flicks and arm movements are ummmm interesting! It's very camp. :giggle:

I guess since AI contestants don't sing U2 on AI, they fulfill their U2 longings at their own concerts!

If you do a youtube search on "U2 Idol", you will find a few U2 songs covered by Europeans on Idol shows. Most are pretty bad.

Ok that was beyond camp, that is I need a new word for it:eyebrow:

He didn't sing it badly though:wink:

i can now die in peace...my "idol" clay aiken playing a cover to a u2 song. thank you GOD!!!!!

jokes aside, its not the worst cover ever.....but id rather not listen to it again :wink:

Hahaha....the funniest thing is that with all the clapping during the intro, I found myself getting psyched....:lol:

That guy gets cornier by the second....but you've gotta admit, he's got some pipes

He's got a nice sounding voice, but why the mini-wrist moves ? :huh:

Interesting he didn't go for the "ooh ooh ooh" but repeated the "blown by the wind" line.

^ yeah the wrist moves are quite...unnecssary, lol. i wonder if he does that for other songs too, like if it's an unconscious thing that he just does.
he looked really confident throughout the whole thing...

Okay, he can sing, but does he have a clue what this song is really about?

And their fake Edge just doesn't cut it, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom