Classic songs 1: The Fly vs. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...The last one went 55/45 in the favour of "New Year's Day" over "The Unforgettable Fire".

This time it's the battle of the nineties - two of U2's early-decade hits battling it out head to head.

I can't do a poll so you'll just have to reply 'n' vote to this one.

Personally, I'm going for "The Fly". ;)

Hold Me Thrill Me for sure. I love the lyrics and the guitar is excellent. I love The Fly, but over the years I just don't like it as much as I used to.

those are 2 of my favorite "rockers" by them; (the others being UTEOTW and gone)...so this is hard.

I'm gonna say HMTMKMKM for the chorus alone; it's like the beatles teletransported into the 90's and crashing into nirvana.

at least that's mey interpretation.:der:

As much as I love the Fly, especially how it was played on the Elevation tour with the "Ultraviolet-esque" enterance, It's gotta be HMTMKMKM... the "they want you to be Jesus / they'll go down on one knee / but they'll want their money back/ if you're alive at thirty-three" verse is the greatest comment on celebrity i've ever read/heard/seen... and besides, like I could actually vote for the fly with a handle like Headache in a Suitcase. :der:

Honestly now, I gots to go with "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss me, Kill Me." I just think it's a great song. Like the instrumentation better than "The Fly."

Hold Me, Thrill Me.....

Just for the last couple of Bono moans if neccessary....... :|

The Fly is the winner because of it's wilder guitar moments. HMTMKMKM is a little too orchestrated by comparison.

...tough one. I guess I'd say The Fly. Relistening to Hold me et al., I've come to the conclusion that it really isn't U2, but Marc Bolan and T-Rex re-incarnated! ...which is not a bad thing.

eek. i'm not really sure which one to go for. i suppose ultimately i'll have to go with hole me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me just cuz i love the song and video. the fly is good, but it's not my favourite off of achtung baby.

now if it was even better than the real thing versus hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me...i think i'd explode.

hold me thrill me kiss me kill me

one of the best they ever made!

but this can also be said of the fly

anyway, I vote for HMTMKMKM

"i want my money back if you're aliiiive at 33"

The Fly

its no secret that a liar won't believe in anyone else

Back
Top Bottom