City Of Blinding Lights (Single Version!) audio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jick-
I never told you how cool the Vertigo J Batcave mix was...the pause in the middle with Larry's drum sticking was brilliant. It's a break in the song worthy to be on the true recording- just that one edit makes the song better :yes:

BrownEyedBoy said:
jick if you did it, come up with a mix of SYCMIOYO that repeats the chorus at least in the ending... :yes:

I can't do this. The song is already long to begin with.

Cheers,

J

Jilet_sensor said:
Very well done! Indeed, we need a new mix of SYCMIOYO.
:drool:

I just scanned the entire song, and its quite hard to remix it using parts just from the song. There aren't any instrumental portions witht he same chord patters and the original verse. BUt perhaps I could make a single version out of it and make it a shorter song. I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,

J

one4u2 said:
I have not had such a strong love for a song like this in a long time! This song blows me away :up:

Is it just the song itself that blew you away or did my single version help blow you away?

Cheers,

J

Acrobatic said:
This is all great. My theory, Jick works for radio or should for that matter b/c he understands what makes a good song and what makes a good song for radio, Sort of CSI U2 for us.

No I don't work for radio. It is common sense that single versions for the radio should be in the mid 3 mins up to low 4 mins. COBL is just too long a song, but hey I got to cut more than 1 minute from it here.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom