City Of Blinding Lights in New York 2001?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aski

Acrobat
hi!

i remember reading in an interview with Bono that he came up with the line "Oh you look so beautiful" from City of Blinding Lights after playing in Madison Square Garden, New York 2001.

Reportedly he shouted this as the lights for Streets came on and all the people were either crying or had tears in their eyes.

now, i have listened through all the 3 nights U2 played in New York 2001 after 9/11, and none of them has Bono shouting "Oh you look so beautiful".

can anyone shed some light on this subject?

It was this that he came up for the line from according to the stories he has told. Although I don't remember if it was Streets.

I know I’ve heard him tell that story before, but I have at least one pre 9-11 Elevation show he says it at. Copenhagen maybe. Bono :shame:

in 'U2 by U2' on page 324, Bono talks about the song City of Blinding Lights, and the people in tears as the lights went on at the Elevation tour. he also says he shouts to them: "Oh, you look so beautiful tonight!"

he doesn't say the exact song, so maybe it's right at the beginning of the show, as Elevation kicks in and the house lights are turned off?

anyone who has listened to the tapes and knows where he shouts it?

Back
Top Bottom