City Of Blinding Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoovation

War Child
Please your opinion about that song! (No requests for mp3's or something else!

City Of Blinding Lights is a fantastic song! It reminds me Of JT and UF which is a very good sign! The chorus is beautiful and Bono's voice sounds amazing!

What do you think of it?

Awesome, just Awesome!

Great song, reminicent of JT or UF, but very unique sounding aswell, I love the middel part, hard to describe though, sounds like the guitar part in reverse, twice....? Bono's singing tonight..something something, lol!!!!

I like it, but don't love it. I think it's getting a little overrated. I think (hope) it will end up being rated about a middle of the road song on an excellent album - akin maybe to Wild Horses on Achtung Baby.

i think it's beautiful. bono sounds amazing on it, and when i think about the context of the song i actually get shivers. it's that powerful.

I love ABOY much more than COBL.

COBL is getting really overrated. It reminds me of Morning Child and of course Who's Gonna Ride but i miss the dynamics and changes of WGRYWH. And the chorus sounds too simple...

It's all perfect in terms of voice, instruments, but it misses something in my opinion...

I think we have to hear the entire song since the version we heard it shorter than the album version. However, I really like the song but don't love it. The lyrics are very good but the chorus really doesn't stand out.

Hola amigos :wave:

So far, this is my favourite HTDAAB song ( between Vertigo, All Because Of You and this one ). Is well produced, and you clearly notice Steve Lillywhite is there, since the overal balance remains me "Boy" times. The intro, with that I Will Follow guitar style and piano is amazing. Also the drums are great. The rest of the song remains me Who´s Gonna Ride...
I think during the lines Bono found the right way to sing with his new dimished range. He doesn´t have to straigh his voice, reaching horrible higher notes:rant: I think singing in this style is better than he did on Electrical Storm, for example.

Great song

My rating ?

9/10

:wave:

I'm fallen in love with this song. I think it's about two lovers, the man is an ugly guy whose girlfriend is good looking and he thanks her because she has seen his real beauty inside of him. At least that's what the song says.

"You've seen the beauty inside of me
What happened to the beauty I had inside of me..."

Apart of the lyrics I love the piano stuff and the bass lines and the "ohhhh" they remind me of "Bad" and I don't know why.

I think it'll become a classic U2 song :wink:

We've had so many threads on this overrated song already. Perhaps the mods can merge this with other threads or close this thread. Just a suggestion.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
We've had so many threads on this overrated song already. Perhaps the mods can merge this with other threads or close this thread. Just a suggestion.

Cheers,

J

we've had enough of your bashing, please just give it up.. we liked Vertigo, we like ABOY, we like COBL, much to your chagrin

I REALLY love it. I liked it WAY more after the first listen than I liked Vertigo after the first listen.

Does anyone have the lyrics?

For me, there hasn't been anything that has an urgency to since Please, maybe Acrobat. It aches.

Urgent is the only adjective that keeps coming to my head. Does this make any sense to anyone else?

I love it. Edge's guitar reminds me of some of his best moments, the whole song has a great atmosphere and Bono's voice sound more intense than ever. I think it will soon become a classic

I really don't know how anyone can get excited over these clips or claim that these songs are the grestest thing.

I downloaded this song, but it was so poor in quality that after one listen I said "ENOUGH". I am now going to hold out until the album, or until real quality mp3's are available on the internet.

This song has great potential, but I just couldn't hear enough to give a honest opinion. The only part I really liked the was the ending. There were just too many cut outs and the low bass kept muffling every other sound.

I'm very excited for this album, and a few of these clips have helped add fuel to the fire, but I can't get as excited or make any claims....yet.

BEAL said:
I really don't know how anyone can get excited over these clips or claim that these songs are the grestest thing.

I downloaded this song, but it was so poor in quality that after one listen I said "ENOUGH". I am now going to hold out until the album, or until real quality mp3's are available on the internet.

This song has great potential, but I just couldn't hear enough to give a honest opinion. The only part I really liked the was the ending. There were just too many cut outs and the low bass kept muffling every other sound.

I'm very excited for this album, and a few of these clips have helped add fuel to the fire, but I can't get as excited or make any claims....yet.

umm, have you heard the new bootlegs which are 39 minutes long? (2 mp3s, one is the rehearsals, 16 minutes, and the real performance which is 23 minutes)

I liked all the three clips (V, COBL, ABOY) but I don't think it will the best tracks of the album.
I put all my money on: SYCMIOYO and Miracle Drug and maybe One Step Closer or Original Of The Species.

Incredible song, love the piano build up into the song, very epic sounding. Good guitars by Edge and Bono really shines too, good lyrics and great delivery. Brilliant song about New York City, I also like the bassline by Adam. Great tune, just like ABOY a little better.

Another great tune. Edge's intense guitar playing fits incredible with the simple, albeit beautiful piano theme. The chorus is really emotional. But somehow I think the album version(6 minutes) will be much better than what we heard for now.

djerdap said:
But somehow I think the album version(6 minutes) will be much better than what we heard for now.

I get the same vibe. I would expect a longer intro and ending. I also think Bono's "ohhhohhhhohhhhh's" are going to be electrifying in the studio.

Overrated if you ask me...nice tune, but not that amazing. I saw one post over the weekend saying it was the best song they have ever done...give me a break...

I'm not having a downer on the album, but I saw one review of Vertigo which said, great tune, but described it as U2 by numbers. I couldn't agree more. Nice tune, but I'm not exactly raving about it now.

Just had my first few listens to COBL and I absolutely love it. Its stunning. Its emotional. Its U2!!!!!!!!!!

I've had a really bad time of it recently and this has put a smile back on my face. :)

I think this song is the best so far. I really like it. And I've been reading posts of some people complaining about the song, now where were they when i said vertigo was total crap?i thought i was the only one. People is crazy.:madspit:

jick said:

Cheers,

J

Ah, the terrorist strikes again. :wink:

I loved this song from the get go. I like it even more now that I know J doesn't like it.

Back
Top Bottom