City of Blinding Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vertigo: Holy!
Love & Peace or Else: Holy Mother!
All Because of You: Holy Mother Fucking!
Miracle Drug: Holy Mother Fucking Shit!
City of Blinding Lights: Holy Mother Fucking Shit, Batman!

I mean, I cried. Is that right? I haven't cried in ages...

elfyx said:

Swap ABOY and Vertigo and I am in total agreement.

I can't believe that the first time hearing this version of this song I found my self in tears. I don't just mean sniffles, I mean the kind that shook my body.

I cannot even comprehend what this is going to be like performed live with Bono singing, "Oh, you, look so beautiful..."

I know this sounds dramatic but I don't think I'll ever be the same in a way...this is amazing...I can remember exactly how and what I was feeling during the Elevation concerts when U2 was being one with us by carrying us through our pain...:heart:

Last edited:
elfyx said:

thats hilarious...and dead on!!!

Not dramatic at all. It is a body-racking song, especially considering the inspiration. I wasn't able to get to the Garden on the Elevation tour, but I did catch the Baltimore show (flying from Tampa), October 19, right in that stretch of horrible days after 9/11. Of course, the band was electric. The show was different, better, and made even more powerful by the "Walk On" backdrop/encore. People were crying. I sure as hell did. It was amazing. U2 was one of the few bands on the road at the time. I loved the bravery, the soldiering on, for America. It was definetly appreciated. We needed a good rock concert more than ever. Who better?

Can someone send me the mp3´s from totp?
I´m thinking about COBL + ABOY
THANKS!!!
I`m dying here, not knowing what it sounds like when all you other guys know it....
Morten

Adress: lejrskov@stofanet.dk

i'm a little late to this thread but i'd appreciate it if someone could email them to me as well. i tried going to the link but i kept getting a 'server busy' error. thanks in advance! :bow:

lizartlizard@gmail.com

Last edited:
Aardvark, I had no idea. I'm still up but obviously witless. Hold on, I'm a noob, but I think I can help.

Look on pg. 7 of this thread, 10 posts down. Fellow Tampanian Lisa71 posted a link. Click on that. Get to page 34 on the linked thread. 13 posts down on 34 you'll find a link from UKtan. It's a downloadable file with Blinding Lights on it. It's bass heavy a bit, but it's there, and it's live and AWESOME.

Don't worry U2, I'm buying the albums and the singles, AS USUAL!

and thanks to Lisa71 and UKtan of course. It really made my night.

Last edited:
After hearing Miracle Drug a couple of weeks ago I always thought that this would definitely be my favorite song on HTDAB.

But after hearing City Of Blinding Lights live yesterday.....I'm not sure about that.

When they played it for the second time I was already close to tears when Bono started talking about the meaning of the song and stuff.....I was crying by the time he got to "oh, you look so beautiful........".......that song really shook me.......it's so beautiful.....the lyrics...and the music is so wonderful.....

Never mind if your looking for the songs there are active links in the other thread. not great sound but the songs are great

are those active links in the other thread the best quality recording of the show that is available? If not - or if someone has the entire show or other songs from it - I would appreciate it if you emailed it to pdigio3@gmail.com

elfyx said:

I cried too. It's right - this is one of U2's BEST SONGS OF ALL TIME. I'm not afraid to admit this, because it is. It blows away any of the new stuff we've heard so far.

And, to think, the reviews aren't even calling this the best one... What are the "best" tracks going to be like then?! :hyper:

It's weird how many of you are desperate trying to believe this new record would be U2's best ever by listening to those crappy quality mp3.

The new mp3 are crappy crappy crappy quality i can't make anything out of it... COBL is almost 6 mins on the LP and we have a very bad 3 mins recording and all of the sudden it's "U2's best song since Stay!?" Come on ppl... gimme a break! You can't judge an U2 record by those mp3 and you can't say it's their best without listening to it for at least a year!!!

Looks like many of you have to believe this is IT, the best LP ever, or you're gonna die or something...

Grow up, kids! If it's not their best record we will always have AB, JT, ZOOROPA, POP AND UF!:)

I dont know how...and i dont know why...but somehow I am going to refrain from listening to this mp3. The blood pressure is building in my veins, but somehow I am going to wait for the full mastered album version. I think that will make it just all the more special for me.

I listened to the Miracle Drug clip and that sounds great. I listened to the LAPOE clip and the blew me away. Now, i so badly want to hear COBL, but i am going to do myself a favor and wait. Who's with me?

U2 Guy, let people be enthusiastic! Coming in and telling people to "grow up" when they are just excited about hearing a new song by their favorite band is not good form. ;)

Back
Top Bottom