Cigarettes again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfeden

Refugee
calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decembe
My *dear* spouse sent me the headline "Bono got busted"..... I was about to lose my mind as I followed the CNN link......

...to another non-story, regarding the fact that the B-man happened to light up in the Clarence while hanging around with the RHCP, and was reminded that it's now against the law to do so, and put it out.

WHY exactly is this news?

Seems like someone in the press has a vendetta.. it's an awfully catty thing to do when the only bad press you can find about the man is oh the horror, he lit up a cig, in a bar, in a hotel HE OWNS..and promptly put it out when reminded..

oh yes, SUCH scandal! :rolleyes: :shrug:

It's stupid they are making a big deal of it, the man apologized already.

But, Bono, why don't you just quit that nasty habit!!!???

Yeah I thought he had quit because of problems with his voice.
It is an honest mistake if you have been smoking in bars all your life but the media has definately blown this out of proportion

I'm betting he mostly has quit; a lot of us are like that... he's said he's down to three smokes a week and that's a damn sight better than a pack a day, no?

I smoked from 1986 to 1994, and I call myself quit, and I have maybe three cigarettes a MONTH (if that) and only in a social situation like, well hanging around with mates in a bar or some such. (although not in Massachusetts any more either as we've got the same ban... we go outside.. woo.)

Heh. Sometimes I get a little smug being a U2 fan because this is the worst they can find to report on... nobody beats their wives or crashes three cars in a month or misses child support payments..
(Tommy Lee, Billy Joel, Bobby Brown...)

wolfeden said:
oh the horror, he lit up a cig, in a bar, in a hotel HE OWNS..and promptly put it out when reminded..

I agree it's not that big of a deal and definitely NOT headline news, but a law is a law and just b/c he owns the Clarence doesn't give him the right to break it. But no biggie, like it says he put it out right away. A simple mistake. :shrug:

wolfeden said:
oh the horror, he lit up a cig, in a bar, in a hotel HE OWNS..and promptly put it out when reminded..

I think it became a deal when after the first smoke Bono said: "This is really, really fucking great"...

:|

LOL ^^^^. :p.

wolfeden said:
Heh. Sometimes I get a little smug being a U2 fan because this is the worst they can find to report on... nobody beats their wives or crashes three cars in a month or misses child support payments..
(Tommy Lee, Billy Joel, Bobby Brown...)

:yes:. I know what you mean.

Seriously, though, yeah, it's kinda funny, considering all the other things out there journalists can talk about, that they choose to focus on something as small as this. Meh. Whatever.

Angela

:madspit: It' sad Wolf...some people just seem to have too much time on their hands...:huh: Pick, pick, pick...! Seems Bono gave alot of GOOD press that they could have reported about!!:|

babyman said:
bono, damn, you're only smoking you're voice away!!!!

That's exactly what happened to actor Jack Klugman, and I'm afraid that's what will happen to Bono. If he doesn't quit smoking, that beautiful voice will be gone forever. :(

Bono, for your own sake, for your family and friends, PLEASE QUIT SMOKING!!! :scream:

Sue DeNym said:

If he doesn't quit smoking, that beautiful voice will be gone forever. :(

:( :( :( That would be a sad day for all of us. Smoking :down:

I do agree, though, that the media attention this has received is a bit too much. Honestly ... there must be millions of people who smoke. At least Ireland has a ban on smoking ... frankly it might be useful to see someone famous get caught smoking in public when it's illegal (would've been nice to have someother other than Bono though). I would love for smoking to be banned like that here.

Back
Top Bottom