Christmas Movies-Like Them, Hate Them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by U2Bama:
3. It's A Wonderful Life (NOT "colorized")

A good point you make there. I hate it when old B&W movies are bastardized and colorized. *shudder* They should be left alone as the film maker intended them, imho.

"To my big brother George, the richest man in town!" - Harry Bailey

The townspeople cheer!

... I start to choke up, my eyes get misty... and a warm feeling of 'hope' overcomes me...

God, I LOVE "It's A Wonderful Life"!!

God bless Frank Capra and dear dear Jimmy Stewart! (for "Mr. Smith...:, too!)

I've seen this film hundreds of times. It actually "carried" me through some tough, dark, and very depressing moments during my twenties. I can basically recite the whole film from start to finish. It means so much to me.

aaaaaaaaaaanywayyyyyyyyy...ahem.

biggrin.gif

Uhhh, its not a Christmas film, but rather a Thanksgiving film, but I think "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" is a great movie!!
It NEVER fails to have me rolling on the floor with laughter. God bless John Candy, and one of my 'heroes'... John Hughes.

Ohhh, yeahhhh...:

Linus walks up to the middle of the stage, says "Lights please!".... and tells us what Christmas is all about.
Another tear jerk moment... every time.
(Geeezzzz, I guess I'm a 'crier' folks, sorry!... Sorry for the sappy BS, PopAngel)

"Groundhog Day" sure feels like a Christmas film! Bill Murray's best effort ever!

Anyway... take time out and rent a Christmas film... snuggle up next to your loved one (if you are indeed fortunate to have one!)... and feel good, at least for a couple of hours.

Merry Christmas Interferencers!!
smile.gif

------------------
"Remember-
No man is a failure, who has friends!!"
- Clarence

[This message has been edited by Trash Can (edited 12-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Trash Can (edited 12-10-2001).]

A cheesy Christmas movie with Stephen Dorff.
I forget the title but the basic plot is about a boy kidnapped at the age of one from his real parents front yard. 14 or so years later he finds out that the people he thinks are his parents actually kidnapped him so he goes off in search of his real folks at Christmas time. Well he finds them & a sis & bro he never knew he had and get this, actually stays at there home hiding his true identity. Now this plot is cheesier than my socks after 8 hours at work but the strange thing is that i almost cried right at the end when he leaves a note for his real Mom on X-mas day revealing that he is the son they lost. The only movie that bought me this close to blubbing is Field of Dreams. I'm really not too sure if I'm recomending this film because I'm still in a state of confusion as to why such a piece of shit traumatised me. I think i need my Mommy

every year my silly family members and I make stupid faces and chewy noises on the turkey at christmas

we also have a competition to see whose house is the Most Griswald. Im gonna win this year dammit!

Charlie Brown Christmas is the best ever, well..apart from my one Xmas hunt down. There is this cool 70s cartoon called The Twelve Gifts where theres this cool SNow goose and he wants to give Santa some gifts. SO he goes into the city and finds all the things from the 12 days of CHristmas.
Its the coolest cartoon, these guys with afros in bell bottoms saying stuff like "hey gooseh, where u at?" and
"Hey, dig that crazy goose!"
Its too freakin funny and i look for it every year but never see it.
I just love that crazy snow goose...

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I can only take a few, as I feel the rest are sappy pieces of bull.
smile.gif

I love National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

My family watches this movie every holiday season. My favorite line has to be Randy Quaid saying how "every time Cathrine revs up the microwave I piss my pants and forget who I am for a half hour or so..

Christmas Vacation is hilarious..."Squirrel!!"
I love when the kid gets his tongue stuck to the pole in A Christmas Story
And lets not forget South Park's first Christmas special...with Mr. Hankey, and Eric cartman singing "Kyle's Mom's a Bitch".
biggrin.gif

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Miracle on 34th Street (original, i haven't seen the other), It's a Wonderful Life, Scrooged, A Christmas Story, Holiday Inn, original Grinch cartoon and the Peanuts special. Home Alone is pretty good.

Oh, and my favorite Holiday movie of all time: Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

recommended christmas movies:

-the christmas story (with the red ridder bebbe gun, it's hilarious)
-a christmas carol (with george c. scott as scroge)
-a muppet's christmas carol (with kermit as bob cratchet. that's quality!)
-a charlie brown christmas (linus's speech makes me cry every time.)
-muppet family christmas (hilarious!)
-home alone (this IS a christmas movie!)
-it's a wonderful life (beautiful. classic. what else can i say?)

happy holidays, everyone!
smile.gif

------------------
Happy Hannukah!

"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

Back
Top Bottom