Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fucking Bon Jovi.

My hatred for Bon Jovi is only matched by The Dude's hatred of The Eagles.

Darlene Love's rendition is really the standard for me. Every year, she seems to do a better and better job of it on Letterman.

I'd love to hear a fresh version by U2; it seems like this one is imitation American soul, which it would have been, given their ages when it was recorded. I think Bono could give it some real growl now.

Yeah I listen to this song any time, not just the holidays, because I like it so much. Love the video too.

:lol: my mom bought that tape when it first came out. she played it nonstop. now that i think about it...that may have been what introduced me to U2!! what can i say, i was young. i remember it being the only track i liked on that whole tape.

gman, you know the song is old, right? I doubt they'd re-release it. Around me, it's on the radio at Christmas time just about every year.

i've always liked the video, mainly because it's one of the few high-def u2 vids i have on my computer and it just looks sooooo nice :drool:

Performed only once live in concert on Dec 20, 1987 the final night of the Joshua Tree tour...My friends and I met the band at around 7:30pm just as they were leaving the Arizona Biltmore, for the show. Bono came out to sign autographs, and I am video taping everything...My friend tells Bono, that they should play the Christmas song tonight, and Bono says "That's a good idea"...When we hear it that night, my friend was all proud of himself...

True Story...

Utoo said:
gman, you know the song is old, right? I doubt they'd re-release it. Around me, it's on the radio at Christmas time just about every year.

Yup.......i know its 20 odd years old this year am sure. I had it on Vinyl wen it came out. doesnt mean to say it wouldnt be a hit if released. Also, wasnt entirely serious but would love to see it released.

Back
Top Bottom