Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yahweh

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Anybody started listening to this quality U2 Christmas tune yet? U2 can even make Christmas music sound great....what a band!

I downloaded it 2 nights ago, cuz I had never seen the video. :ohmy: :reject:

I can't remember who it is here, but somebody's got a gif in their sig of Bono winking at the camera, sometime in the JT era.... Now I know where that delicious bit of film came from! :up: And his voice at the beginning?..... "Baby... this Christmas, please come home." Guh!!! :combust: :drool:

I'd actually like to hear their take on some other Christmas tunes, as well. Does anybody know if others exist - and where I could find them?

You know what's funny? The other night, I had an uncontrollable urge to turn the TV on to Much More Music. A Bon Jovi song (urgh) was ending. However, I endured the final few seconds of the song because I knew I was compelled to turn the channel on for a reason. And then, I swear on my life, "It's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" came on. It scared the shit out of me! Similar things have happened before.

I think I have some sort of built in U2 radar.

ANYWAY, I love the song! It's not mindblowing, but it's a heck of a lot better than listening to some other inane Christmas tune.

God, I heard it in the grocery store the other day!:lol:

I just about forgot what I had come in the store to buy when I heard it.

I don't want anything U2 has done to ever become muzak.

Anyway, I love the video - really quaint.:wink:

It's on one of the Very Special Christmas albums. I don't remember which one though...I checked the CD out from the library and burned it off, plus Run DMC's Christmas in Hollis and a few others. Classic, I tell you.

It's from the first Very Special Christmas album. Since all proceeds of that album go to charity I urge everyone to buy a copy. Many good Christmas songs on it (including Bruce Springsteen, Run DMC, Eurythmics, Pretenders, etc.)

Popmartijn said:
It's from the first Very Special Christmas album. Since all proceeds of that album go to charity I urge everyone to buy a copy. Many good Christmas songs on it (including Bruce Springsteen, Run DMC, Eurythmics, Pretenders, etc.)

:up:

I abhor most Christmas albums, but this sounds good.

I love this song.

A very Special Christmas - Vol 1 is my favorite christmas album - and since the money goes to special olympics its a good cause as well:)
I've never seen the video - now that I know there is a video - need to see the video...

All I know about the video is that it was recorded in a soundcheck on the joshua tree tour USA 87 .......I think.

Anyone wanna share???

brownda7 said:
All I know about the video is that it was recorded in a soundcheck on the joshua tree tour USA 87 .......I think.

Anyone wanna share???

I posted this in another thread on this recently. It was shot during soundcheck for the 11-26-87 Baton Rouge Louisiana show to be exact. :)

For those of you that havent seen it. It basically is the band peforming it live on the Joshua Tree stage in black and white. Looks like it could have come right from Rattle and Hum actually as it looks just like the black and white footage shot for the film.

the video is playing in the store - American Eagle constantly -- it's quite the experience being in a clothing store full of teenagers and have U2 playing on the big screen -- i love this version of the song, by the way. (and didn't U2 to white christmas)

Back
Top Bottom