Chris Tucker and Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe Chris was the only other celebrity... supposedly he was there with an MTV film crew.

Read about all of that and more at U2NEWS.com :cool:

I posted an article in PLEBA that mentioned Chris Tucker was asked by Bono's "people" (or something like that) to go w/ MTV - they apparently wanted more celebrities to draw more attention to the AIDS problem.

Some African's actually know who Chris Tucker is. That's why he came along for the trip. The people with Bono thought that a celebrity endorsing ideas and AIDS awareness would help overcome some of the cultural biases about the disease.

Because they really don't know who the heck "that pale Irish guy" is!

Did you guys see Chris Tucker on the movie awards? During his acceptance speech he went into this big rant about how he was over in Africa, and how stricken it is there, and how the US has to help them. He even had sunglasses on.

Bono has got to him!!! :D

madonna's child said:
Did you guys see Chris Tucker on the movie awards? During his acceptance speech he went into this big rant about how he was over in Africa, and how stricken it is there, and how the US has to help them. He even had sunglasses on.

Bono has got to him!!! :D

Yes, I saw that. When he mentioned that he went with Bono, there was a round of applause at Bono's name (and some girl screamed "Bono" I do believe :D ) I'm glad that someone as funny as Chris Tucker had the guts to go up there and talk about something as serious as this. :up:

Back
Top Bottom