Chris Kattan as Bono on SNL tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
I know that by posting this, I'm revealing that I have no life...
wink.gif

Anyone else get a chuckle out of Chris-as-Bono-partying-wth-Donatella-Versace, trying to talk about debt relief?

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

omg, that was SO hilarious. clarity and I were IMing away, and then we're both like "gahhhh! It's Bonooooooo!!!"

Anyone catch all of what he said? I missed some.
biggrin.gif

-sula

CHRIS-AS-BONO (gruffly): Donatella, how can you think about somethin' like singin' when tharrd warrld coontrries are enslaved by debt to...

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

of all of the times I have seen him impersonate Bono, I think tonight's was his best yet!

Damn I missed that. I saw the one a long time ago where Adam Sandler was Bono and Phil Hartman (RIP) was Sinatra (also RIP) and it was funny but Sandler wasn't a very convincing Bono.

Yes Z Edge, I think I remember that one too...I've seen two actually (before tonights). One was when it was an awards show and the other was when it was a St. Patrick's Day show (which, incidentally, had nothing to do with tonight's sketch!)

Originally posted by Swan269:
of all of the times I have seen him impersonate Bono, I think tonight's was his best yet!

ALL THE TIMES!!! where the feck have I been???? I always watch SNL and never seen it once!!
Shite!

Although I HAVE seen Ben stiller do some pretty good JT bono...On some MTV VMA award show a few years ago. THAT was good stuff!

------------------
Proud owner & lover *munch munch*(of the now late) Larry cookie

OMG!!! HAHAHAH THAT WAS REALLY FUNNY!!!! Kattan actually does a pretty good impression of Bono. all in good fun.

------------------
"The world is often a wicked place, when you look around, but it's also full of beauty...and beauty is the consolation prize really...and we just have to find more of it and we have to look for it in unexpected places...its not just in those fashion spreads,
that's not real beauty...There is beauty to be found in everyday things."
?Bono
http://home.pacbell.net/sylviaji/

I don't like to see Bono made fun of. It also seemed to ridicule his constant persistence on the debt relief issue which was sad. Okay I know I'm going to get called a bad sport with no sense of humor, but I just love Bono and care about his issues too much to laugh at that. I have to say though that dressing as Bono was a major improvement to the looks of Kattan lol!

But shine like a star, you must relize that know 5-10 million more people are exposed to the debt relief issue. Theres no such thing as bad publicity!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:

I loved the old Ben Stiller show, does anyone remember seeing him doing a Lucky Charms commercial as Bono? And I think Andy Dick was the Adam, lmao.
biggrin.gif

I remember MTV did a thing on Stiller and they showed clips from his show where he was doing WOWY Bono. I thought it was cute, but I guess at the time, not many people liked it cuz it was during the whole JT craze

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

http://communities.msn.com/Piccies

Kattan is actually a HUGE U2 fan so I wouldn't take it personally. In fact, I'm glad to know a fan is doing something like that. And it was pretty hilarious. The Donatella thing has become a recurring sketch and its so much fun.

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:

I loved the old Ben Stiller show, does anyone remember seeing him doing a Lucky Charms commercial as Bono? And I think Andy Dick was the Adam, lmao.
biggrin.gif

YES!!!!! I completely remember that! I think the cereal was called Lucky Clovers. "One bowl..." ha ha ha Tis very funny indeed.

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

When someone does a parody of you, you are in the public's eye. I'd be more worried if no one did anything. When was the last time you saw a parody of REM?

Back
Top Bottom