Choral arrangement of MLK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
The choir I am in at my college is doing an arrangement of "MLK" for a Martin Luther King Day program next week, and I have to day it sounds really nice. I also must confess that when I found out we were singing "MLK," I informed my choir director that we should all watch Rattle and Hum (which he vetoed, although I did loan my video to the guy singing the solo) and that we also try to track down an arrangement of "Pride (In the Name of Love)" as a companion piece, which he also vetoed. Sigh.

Anyway, is anyone familiar with this arrangement? Ever performed it or heard it performed?

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

never heard of it
sounds interesting though

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Hmmmm...I could look into it.
smile.gif

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Oooooo...

That sounds like it would be awesome! Let us know about the mp3...I would love to hear that!

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

You can dream, so dream out loud!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Update:

Today was my choir's spring concert, and we did "MLK" again...it sounded awesome.
smile.gif

------------------
Well, the God I believe in isn't short on cash, mister. --Bono

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

The only black guy in our choir did the solo...when he was told to come down in front so that he would "stand out," he replied to our director: "I'm the only black guy, I already stand out."

------------------
Well, the God I believe in isn't short on cash, mister. --Bono

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

Back
Top Bottom