Chills ... only chills and a big happy smile ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ElectricalVoice

Refugee
I was just watching the Slane-DVD and, as probably all of you have felt, it gives chills. Espacially the bridge from All I want ... to Streets. Bono's great voice screaming ... and slowly Edges guitar - and me smiling. The same feeling on the bridge on Zoo and of course Popmart (with please).

So ... what is your favourite "morphing-into-Streets"? Mine is Slane - no doubt about it. :drool:

And i can't help thinking about the next tour ... Maybe a "City of blinding lights - morphing into Streets"? :eyebrow:

Man ... i'm just too excited! :wink:

Yeah, I love the Slane 'morphing into streets.':p The Boston one is good too. Man, they're all good.

I recently heard the Boston 4 one, and that's pretty good too, although I'm not sure what Bono's singing between Bad & Streets. :huh:

I hope I can experience that first-hand one day.

My favourite is the Zoo TV one, with Running To Stand Still going into Streets. That harrowing harmonica, the voices, the helicopter sounds and slowly the swelling organ sound and somehow the stage can go from blue to red in a completely natural way.

Chilling...

I've got chills just thinking about it! :D

While the Slane DVD is my favorite of the two - I find the most memorable part of the Boston DVD is Bad to 40 to Streets. When the house lights come on and Bono is standing in the sea of people (can you even see the ramp?!).. it's just so amazing!

Please to Streets is pretty awesome too.. they are all good! :D

The Slane one is great! That mournful yowl from Bono gives me chills every time I watch it. :yes:

Um I also really like the one from the Superbowl performance, MLK>Streets. I think Bono is reciting part of the same passage he recites before the Boston DVD Streets? :reject:

Last edited:
The Slane AIWIY/Streets just about makes me cry if I'm in the right mood. It's beautiful.

The bootleg from Kansas City 11/27/01.

Bad-->When I look at the world-->Where the Streets have no name. Superb.

I love Please/Streets the most. Though Streets always was better as an opener on JT/Lovetown. That red backdrop ...

They're all very good, really. I love the Bad/Streets combo they did for Elevation, but my personal favorite is probably Please/Streets. I've got the Please Popheart Single, and the segue between Please and Streets is downright haunting. The first time I heard it the hairs stood up on the back of my neck. It's so gorgeous, sad, and uplifting all at the same time. :up:

My favorites are the Elevation combos of Bad and All I want is you with Streets.

Maro_chik: I heard that transition too, and Bono is singing a bit of Elvis Costello's song "Allison" - because Costello was attending the show, plus there's the obvious connection to his wife's name.

"Allison....I know this world is killing you

oooh Allison, I know this world is killing you

oooh Allison, I know this world is killing you"

(I think he does it three times and then the crowd starts going "Allison")

Last edited:
U2girl said:
Maro_chik: I heard that transition too, and Bono is singing a bit of Elvis Costello's song "Allison" - because Costello was attending the show, plus there's the obvious connection to his wife's name.
Thanks U2girl. :)

That's a sweet story.

Diemen said:
They're all very good, really. I love the Bad/Streets combo they did for Elevation, but my personal favorite is probably Please/Streets. I've got the Please Popheart Single, and the segue between Please and Streets is downright haunting.

That one too! :hyper:
And to imagine I was there! :hyper:

Diemen said:
They're all very good, really. I love the Bad/Streets combo they did for Elevation, but my personal favorite is probably Please/Streets. I've got the Please Popheart Single, and the segue between Please and Streets is downright haunting. The first time I heard it the hairs stood up on the back of my neck. It's so gorgeous, sad, and uplifting all at the same time. :up:

Ditto for me as well. Can?t get any better than that.

Tchau
MT

Bad into Streets

u2addict surely you have VCR? The shows are on VHS!

Back
Top Bottom