Children of the Revolution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LikeNoOneBefore

Refugee
Hey! Have any of you heard the song that Bono sings on the Moulin Rouge soundtrack called "Children of the Revolution"? It's one of my favorite songs, and I was wondering if anyone else likes it as much as I do.

Children of the Revolution, orginally written/recorded by T Rex in the early 1970's. It's WAY better than the Moulin Rouge version.

starvinmarvin said:
Children of the Revolution, orginally written/recorded by T Rex in the early 1970's. It's WAY better than the Moulin Rouge version.

Oh is that so? I didn't know about that. I really like that song, so I'll look for the original version. Thanks!

LikeNoOneBefore said:

Oh is that so? I didn't know about that. I really like that song, so I'll look for the original version. Thanks!

No, it really is. I think you'll agree if you hear the original. I'm not just being a jerk. In its original guise it's a groovy hard rock tune.

Yeah I found a clip and listened to it. I like it, but I still like the other version better. XD I know I probably sound like a heathen, but it's probably because I've been listening to the Moulin Rouge version for so long. :D

It's probably just because you heard the Moulin Rouge version first. Give it a few more spins, and you may change your mind. It's a glam rock classic.

starvinmarvin said:
It's probably just because you heard the Moulin Rouge version first. Give it a few more spins, and you may change your mind. It's a glam rock classic.

Yeah I'll most likely change my mind. I used to hate Bohemian Rhapsody (big mistake :laugh:) the first time I heard it. Now I love it.

Decent song, but he is overshadowed by Ewan McGregor on that soundtrack...I listen to Moulin Rouge atleast about every week, and I usually skip over Bono, its just an average track, especially for Bono.

:lmao: Indeed

Whatever you guys do, don't go see Must Love Dogs. My boyfriend and I went to go see it, and we were looking at the screen sorta like :eyebrow: . It was terrible.

But if any of you like it, hey that's cool! XD

T.Rex... just started getting into them... largely due to cover versions...

Placebo's "20th Century Boy" blows Bono/Gavin/Seezer's "Children of the Revolution" out of the water. Brian Molko was born to sing that song.

T.Rex is a major influence to musicians like Morrissey, Gavin Friday, Bono, The Damned. Listen to the original CHILDREN OF THE REVOLUTION and you will hear some similarities to U2s HMTMKMKM. imo LOVE AN PEACE OR ELSE is another song with typical T.Rex sound.

:hmm: That's interesting......

*Runs out to buy T-Rex albums*

(Larry likes T-Rex. They probably did have some sort of influence on him, even if it was just getting him interested in Rock music.)

I bought their (T-Rex) album when it first came out. I remember Marc Bolan was the strangest guy I had ever seen at the time. I like their version sooo much better.

Back
Top Bottom