Chicago vertigo dvd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it is inferior to both Boston & Slane in terms of the actual show and directing, but in terms of songs it is a very good show.

I guess its worth picking up...I have the deluxe version because I'm a sucker but the extra disc is a total waste of time.

If you have the connection speed and time, you may be better off getting a good fan shot DVD such as Videodrug paris, which I thought was far superior to the official DVD.

thelaj said:
I have the deluxe version because I'm a sucker but the extra disc is a total waste of time.

same here!
great show, but get the simple version.
deluxe edition wasnt worth the money.

I loved the deluxe version! Seeing Bono eating his Birthday cake was a real treat!!:drool: I personally think the show was fabulous! Of course it's different from the Boston and Slane shows but has it's own high lights e.g. love Bono bangging his drum! And grawling on the ground like a cat, the imagination flys...!!:combust:

I bought the deluxe edition because the cardboard case matches my other music DVDs better. I've never even put the second disc in a player.

the majority of the reaction on this board seems to be negative, with most complaints directed at hamish hamilton's direction (LOTS of editing). no complaints about the music, however. so at the very least you can listen to it and basically you have a full live album from the tour (i wish we had an official live album from EVERY tour).
for my 2 cents, i think it's a great, fun watch. it's frantic at times, other times beautiful. the colors on the screen during zoo station are magnificent. and the electric co just rocks. i haven't seen the bonus disc - from the sound of it it's not worth it. overall i'd say it's very comparable to boston - this time they managed to leave all the snippets intact, not chopping the songs apart as they did with boston. i like that. the main reason to get it would be to see the HTDAAB songs live. if you're not a huge fan of these (or the electric co), then you can live without it. if you love miracle drug, cobl, lapoe, vertigo - well these are represented really well, and it's worth it.
the electric co was worth my price of admission.

dudeman said:
the majority of the reaction on this board seems to be negative, with most complaints directed at hamish hamilton's direction (LOTS of editing).

I actually think it tends to be a very vocal minority who are the complainers--most people who've watched my chicago DVD who aren't even fans say it looks/sounds awesome.

ImOuttaControl said:

I actually think it tends to be a very vocal minority who are the complainers--most people who've watched my chicago DVD who aren't even fans say it looks/sounds awesome.

i think you're absolutely right.
maybe those of us that like it need to be a bit louder. i rather like the video.

typhoon said:
I bought the deluxe edition because the cardboard case matches my other music DVDs better. I've never even put the second disc in a player.

Me too! :lol:

I bought it because I didn't like the little whimpy plastic case the plain one came in. Plus why go half-assed on U2, better to have it than not have it.

I'd say it was a really fun DVD to watch. Streets is great, like always. Lots of Adam love for fans of him. An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart was a huge surprise for me, because I didn't expect to like that part. But it was amazing. As was The Electric Co. The ending was a little weak. I didn't really like the whole ABOY/Yahweh/40 thing at the real concert, and this wasn't much better even with Original towards the end. Zoo Station/The Fly however were awesome! :drool: (boston Fly is better though) Overall a really good DVD. Don't let the people who hate Hamish stop you from getting it. It was worth the money, in my opinion.

If you check the general tour discussions forum you will see lots of discussion about this DVD.

Back
Top Bottom