Chicago Tribune: Rattle & Ho Hum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallelujah Here She Comes

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I opened the Tribune this morning, expecting to find a glowing review of our boys, and instead found one describing their performance as "Rattle & Ho-hum". So clever...
rolleyes.gif

The reviewer claimed he found U2's performance boring because all they did was "play a few songs like they normally do." Um, excuse me, but what to most rock bands do when they're asked to perform in front of millions of people? I was under the impression that most of them play music. But maybe U2 could work on a trapeze for next time
rolleyes.gif

This schmuck even gave props to that hallmark of taste and sophistication, the Playboy Bunny episode of Fear Factor, because at least *that* showed more originality than "yet another U2 mini-concert." I mean, the guy has a point here. I, too, was getting sick of *all* those three-song concerts the boys keep playing
rolleyes.gif

If I haven't made my point clear:

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean...

Drugs are garbage...just REFUSE.

Let's go burn down his house!

Just kidding. That was a good performance. He can go eat kaka.

------------------
You will believe in me
And I can never be ignored

What do you want to bet the little bastard that wrote this review had it finished and edited by lunchtime on Friday?

He must have had too much Polish sausage

Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold, Jr:
What do you want to bet the little bastard that wrote this review had it finished and edited by lunchtime on Friday?

He must have had too much Polish sausage

HA! Yeah, I'm actually pretty sure he didn't even *watch* the performance. The article he wrote was on all of the Superbowl entertainment (pre-game, commercials, etc). He spent about a page talking about the pre-game, a page talking about the commercials and approximately one paragraph talking about U2. That paragraph contained such hard-to-come-by information as "U2 performed on a heart-shaped stage" and "they played their hit 'Where the Streets Have No Name'" and besides his decidedly vague insults (all they did was play songs! Hmmm...You never could've figured that one out without watching the show!
rolleyes.gif
), that was it.

I used to like the Tribune's entertainment section, but after both Tribune film critics ranking A.I. as the best film of the year and now this, I just have one thing to say:

icon28.gif

------------------
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean...

Drugs are garbage...just REFUSE.

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 02-06-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom