Chicago Night One ...spoiler(s)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocifer

Acrobat
Besides the beer spilling idiots that soaked my hooded sweatshirt - the night was great !

Garbage was totally entertaining, way better than PJ Harvey (in my opinion).

And U2. I didn't really know what to expect from the setlist - but it was different from the last show I went to (back in May ... remember that?) so I was glad. Only thing missing that stood out to me and alot of other fans was "With or Without You" - ah well, you'll get 'em next time.

"Angel of Harlem" was a blast, and so was "New York" (the song is still in my head!). They let someone get on stage again to play "People get Ready" and the guy nailed it. Hilarious and totally cool. But nothing beats "One" ...

Overall, very emotional concert. I was glad U2 came back & I hope to hear some replies from everyone who went.

~Zoo~

------------------
" They had the Vision, but we had the Television " - The Edge

" The greatest lesson you'll ever learn - is to love, and be loved in return" - David Bowie

"Hey John Lennon ! We don't need your help." - Bono

Just got back.. And My ears still ringing.. But the concert was excellent, It's just as if they keep getting better and better each time.. though this was my fourth and final time from this tour :-( .. But How can I complain, After going to these concerts, going to anything else just doesn't seem the same.. though I am hoping E Clapton comes around again, as I missed him this summer.. BUt about the concert.. Bono and the boys just seem to have soo much more energy in Chicago.. cuz they love the town so much, than say in ND, and it's soo entertaining to watch.. I loved how New York has made it into the encore, It is so fitting, it's amazing how such a rock song can get the emotion of a slow ballad.. If i were to have a sad point, it would be that the new songs aren't utilized as much in teh concerts, yes they play six to seven, but just more for the band's sake than ours listening, Every song.. maybe with the exception of Grace would be an excellent live song.. WILATW maybe theyjust can't reproduce it, In a Little While..yet to be played, Wild Honey, and I'm assumming a full poe is on the way.. but IALW and W. Honey would be great every night, because they are great songs, and it would give the audience exposure to the songs maybe they haven't heard new ones, to just elevate themselves as still being able to create amazing music.. though i doubt there is any question after BD Stuck and Walk On when the concert goers leave.. But just an unorganized disappointment from the lemon here.. BUt I loved this concert.. Out of Control was soo Good, So full of energy.. and to think it's from when I was born..
Gawd.. I would kill to have tix for NYC... Lucky bastards...

Back
Top Bottom