Cheer Me Up Please!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
*sighs*

I thought I was feeling ok this morning...but all of a sudden an awful depression has hit me like a ton of bricks.
frown.gif
I don't really like my job now, I am still single (and HATING it), my friends have been sucky lately, I have to get a second job this weekend to be able to afford a new car in February, etc. I know a lot of people have it way worse off than I, but today it's just getting to me more than usual.

If any of you guys have stories, pics, jokes, etc., that would be great, cause I sure as hell need something right now. Gah, it's only 10:30 too...it's going to be a long day.
frown.gif

------------------
Angel in devil's shoes
Salvation in the blues

Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

~*April*~ (AIM-POPLemonGirl)

i dont have no pics to send but i know how you feel.Both my little boys are ill i didnt get the job which i so badly wanted.My husbands car has broke down and its gonna cost alot of money to fix.
think i might go and take a whole bottle of prozac lol

POP

My fellow stick keeper...follow these steps to happiness!
biggrin.gif

First have a drink with these guys:

images

Then take this guy home:

images

And ask him if you can play with this...

sticks_1.gif

Sound like a plan?? hehehe
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 10-26-2001).]

NOTE: YOU HAVE LARRY'S STICK!! How could you EVER be unhappy again? Wouldn't that always bring a perpetual smile to your face? I mean, I know life can be rough but you will ALWAYS have something special you can LITERALLY hold onto! Wish I did!
wink.gif

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
NOTE: YOU HAVE LARRY'S STICK!! How could you EVER be unhappy again?

For real! Girl! ((( HUGS ))) Think Vegas think Vegas think Vegas!

biggrin.gif

larry.gif

------------------
I'll laugh until my head comes off

Might this be a case of Elevation Withdrawal?????

Hang in there. Things will get better at the LAST minute! Happens every time!!!

(Single and LOVING it, here!!)

------------------
"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"

Um...Try licking and fondling the Stick...It works everytime.
OMG, i cant believe i SAID that!
eek.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

But seriously...I wont even tell you how bad my life is right now.
frown.gif
Even Prozac couldnt help me. So youre not alone.
But, if you want some hot guys to drool over and possibly bring home, well, i know these military bases see...And them guys? Damn, baby!
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Aww...I'm sorry you're not doing well right now
frown.gif

But I know where you're coming from obviously since I just had my own fit last night. Talk to you soon, ok?

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

From R.M. Weiner's "Ruminations and Ponderences"...

If someone breaks your heart, just punch them in the head. Oh sure, it
seems obvious now, but you'd be amazed at how many people don't think of it when
it's relevant. Seriously, just punch them in the head. And then go get some ice
cream.

If someone done ya wrong, punch 'em in the head. Either way, get some ice cream.
smile.gif

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

I believe in truth, beauty, freedom, and -- above all things -- love.

(((((((hugs everyone)))))))

You guys are too sweet.
biggrin.gif

I feel a lot better than I did this morning! And, there are only 2 hours till I'm out of here for the week-yay!!!

PS-Yes, melon, we will talk soon! I hope you're feeling better!
smile.gif

------------------
Angel in devil's shoes
Salvation in the blues

Angel:

I am living proof that you can work two jobs, be waist deep in debt, be single (painfully) and still be very happy. As this thread has proven, you seem to have lots of friends who know you and don't know you that care enough to run to your side when you're upset. With people like that in your life, it's hard to be sad.

Hi April,

Sorry you're feeling down. Here's something to make you smile.....think about ALL the people begging for Vegas GA's and know that we got ours at face value.

INSOMNIAC'S RULE!

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS [No thanks to Propaganda - BLAH!]

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

I feel a lot better you guys.
smile.gif

Thanks for all the encouraging words, jokes, and pictures! I've got my health (for the most part), my family and friends...plus Larry Mullen's stick and a trip to Vegas to look forward to!!! (I'm also going to Memphis in 2 weeks and seeing Graceland...hehe)

You guys all rock.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Angel in devil's shoes
Salvation in the blues

Originally posted by bonovista:
Hey Pop..I know when I use to feel down, very down, I would always use music therapy. I would blast my stereo and just dance around naked to nothing but happy and uplifting songs..

Just watch out for the neighbors!

Or my parents and my brother and my grandfather in my case. lol.

Originally posted by doctorwho:
Awww.... poor POPAngel...

Relax. You're doing fine. Most of us can relate to your feelings . The only way to truly feel better though is to put a different spin on your problems/negative thoughts. For example, I'm single - and happy! There's no one to tell me what to do - no sharing of beds, no sharing of food, no sharing of the remote. It's a nice feeling. Relax - the relationship will come. Until then, enjoy your independence.
biggrin.gif

And even if your job was better, I guarantee that you would still become annoyed with it. For example, I really love what I do, but I have a VERY annoying V.P. (he makes Dilbert's pointy-haired boss look brilliant) and I'm underpaid. So take advantage of your job. Learn as much as you can to prepare you for a better one.
wink.gif

Regarding money, just think - you may have to work two jobs now, but come February (which is just a few scant months away) you'll have a BRAND NEW CAR! That's clearly worth it (especially with that nice new car smell!!).
biggrin.gif

Therefore, don't fret. You're doing great, you were just a bit overwhelmed. Have a hot cocoa, watch a cartoon and remember, you are NEVER truly alone with your feelings. More importantly, many people care - just look at the responses in this thread!
smile.gif

Take care and have a deluxe weekend!

I'm with Doctorwho. I like being single! I like the independence. I didn't have to answer to anyone when it came to going to see U2 in Chicago!!!

And...I lost my job, and I went thru a foot surgery in June...and I have a surgery on the other foot coming up soon. OK, it was a bummer losing the job, but I am using the spare time to get things done that I never had time for before. Plus...I had the time to go see U2!!!

When I get past the other surgery and go back to work, I'll pay off the credit cards from the trip (LOL) and then resume the persuit I had before I lost the job. That is to get my driver's license and get a car. I'm 38 and I never thought I'd be able to drive until my eye doctor said I could qualify for special glasses that'll allow me the driver's license. So...the job and messed-up feet are only delaying my dream a little bit.

By the time U2 tours again, I intend to drive t the nearest show. And if there's a GA line, I'll let someone put their stuff in my car just like some folks let me put my stuff in their car this time around! Woohoo!

Tell us all about the Vegas shows, all who are going! :)

------------------
"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"

Awww.... poor POPAngel...

Relax. You're doing fine. Most of us can relate to your feelings . The only way to truly feel better though is to put a different spin on your problems/negative thoughts. For example, I'm single - and happy! There's no one to tell me what to do - no sharing of beds, no sharing of food, no sharing of the remote. It's a nice feeling. Relax - the relationship will come. Until then, enjoy your independence.
biggrin.gif

And even if your job was better, I guarantee that you would still become annoyed with it. For example, I really love what I do, but I have a VERY annoying V.P. (he makes Dilbert's pointy-haired boss look brilliant) and I'm underpaid. So take advantage of your job. Learn as much as you can to prepare you for a better one.
wink.gif

Regarding money, just think - you may have to work two jobs now, but come February (which is just a few scant months away) you'll have a BRAND NEW CAR! That's clearly worth it (especially with that nice new car smell!!).
biggrin.gif

Therefore, don't fret. You're doing great, you were just a bit overwhelmed. Have a hot cocoa, watch a cartoon and remember, you are NEVER truly alone with your feelings. More importantly, many people care - just look at the responses in this thread!
smile.gif

Take care and have a deluxe weekend!

Originally posted by Deathbear's Fly Girl:
For real! Girl! ((( HUGS ))) Think Vegas think Vegas think Vegas!

Keep your eyes on the prize

las-vegas-strip.jpg

elvis%20viva%20las%20vegas.jpg

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

This joke is somewhat gratuitous, but is an almost garunteed laugh... I just hope it doesnt result in closure of this thread. I just want u to feel better!!
biggrin.gif

-
A man walks into a doctors office, the doctor asks him to sit down and tell him whats wrong.

Man: Well, before work the wife always gets me up and we have a quickie before breakfast. After breakfast, we all go to work, I always get there in plenty of time, and get up to my office, organize my papers, when my secretary comes in. Shes the most beautiful woman, and shes got many 'talents', she gives me the days agenda, and then we fuck.

Doctor: I see... Well...

Man: Theres more... Anyways, the day goes by, and usually around 10:45 I go to the copy room to grab myself some coffee. In the copy room, waiting for me, I always find a sexy little mail girl, just out of university, and in order to get my coffee I have to fuck her, which is a sacrifice im more than willing to make rawr!

Doctor: Interesting... Well

Man: Hold on Im not done yet... Anyways, I go back to my office, and work until about 1, at which point the caterer comes in with my lunch. Sometimes its a man and I quickly rush him out of my office, but others it is another beautiful woman, who of course cant get enough of me... wink... wink... hahaha

Doctor: Well sir I really..

Man: Im not finished! So after lunch I work until 4, go home, and as usual get there before the wife. I go upstairs to drop off my breifcase and get changed, and low and behold, on even days the maid is in my room laying naked on my bed, evidently waiting for me to make some kind of 'payment'. On other days, I get changed and go to wait by the pool, where either the gardener or the pool girl pull me into the bushes and we fuck outside.

Doctor: Let me guess, you arent finished?

Man: Nope! So after that, I go and I rest after a long days work. Then the wife comes home and we fuck before dinner. We go downstairs, eat, and lay in front of the fire for a while, around 8 we fuck again. We usually go to bed at 10, at which point we have sex for an hour or so. After shes asleep, I sneak downstairs for a midnight snack, ie the cook hahaha.

Doctor: Ummm well sir, other than your serious letcherousness, what seems to be the problem?

Man: It hurts when I jerk off
frown.gif

-

ROFLMFGDAO!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hope that helped
smile.gif

------------------

<--- #1 Ignored User!
<--- Doesnt care... LOL