Check it out! new official remix of Original of the Species!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who are asking where the music came from, it was found on Mick Park's (the remixer) myspace page and it's been around for a month or two.

"Original" is an almost-great, wayward song that the band *never* quite got right on the album, or on the tour. Glad to see they're still tinkering with it. (Reminds me of "Staring at the Sun" that way.)

This version is fantastic.

It does have kind of a Moby "Look at us, we're beautiful" vibe to it. I like the mix of the acoustic guitar, the electronics and the effects on this version.

The basic message of the song has always appealed to me. But the original version was a missed opportunity.

It's funny though, because after they overdid it with the single version, I heard the original album track and really appreciated the minimalist intro and production. I can live with synth strings; they didn't ruin Kite.

I love this version alot, it's what should have been on the album. So Xavi, zoot and canadiens are you part of the U2Man Gang?? hehehe

Justin24 said:
I love this version alot, it's what should have been on the album. So Xavi, zoot and canadiens ....
I'm a fan of bernese mountain dogs.

Justin24 said:
I love this version alot, it's what should have been on the album. So Xavi, zoot and canadiens are you part of the U2Man Gang?? hehehe

BTW, just because I have a dog avatar, that does not mean I am part of the gang as well. Keep me out of it. :grumpy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom