Celebs in the heart NY #1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JasonD

The Fly
I didn't see where anyone had posted about this yet, so if I missed it, I apologize. Moby was in the heart, close to where my friends were standing on Adam's side.(Check out the other Moby thread--he makes mention of attending the show)My friend who was standing closest noticed him first. This was her first U2 show(nice 1st show, huh?)and she was completely blown away, first by the U2 experience, and then by seeing Moby. She had just recently seen his show in a small club in California, where she was able to meet and talk to him afterwards. She said he was so cool and not pretentious at all.
I really wanted to say hello, and that I enjoyed his music, but we didn't because by the time we noticed him, the show had already started, and we didn't want to bother him. Does anyone know who he was with? He looked familiar, but I wasn't sure(Ringo--no, Dave Stewart--just kidding
wink.gif
)

John Norris from MTV news was also in the heart before the show. People were talking to him, and he seemed pretty relaxed.

After the show as we were walking out of the left side of the heart, we noticed Dan Ackroyd sitting in one of the first rows of the GC section across from the heart. I guess he didn't want to take his chances with us "rowdies" down there!

P.S.--Ruth, you rocked the house! I had a chance to talk to you a little in the GA line outside, so I was excited for you when Bono called you up! I had noticed your sign earlier, and had pointed it out to my friends. I said that was the sign that was going to get his attention. When he called you up, I was straight across from you at the tip of the heart. I could see how much your knees were shaking at first, and I was nervous for you! But then you put the guitar on and followed Edge down the walk, and played the song. Everyone loved the NYC ad lib. You even made Larry grin! Thanks for making the night even more special
smile.gif

great post. keep up the good work!

-ME

------------------
I didn't take no shortcuts
I spent the money that I saved up
Oh, Momma running out of luck
Like my sister, don't give a fuck

I saw John Norris too like "hey, cool!" but that was it. Did I meet you in line Jason? Starr and I were 219 and 220 and were outside the heart closer to Edge's side with the crazy glowsticks. And yes, Ruth did rock!

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Sharky, I must have been near you, but I was inside the heart, 1-2 people from the tip. A woman beside me was writing notes, I figured she was writing the set list to post it here on interference. At first I thought that was you, but you said you were on the outside. Great early review, BTW.
(P.S.--I was the 'heart-shaped muffin' guy in the GA line)

[This message has been edited by JasonD (edited 10-26-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom