CD/DVD set worth it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't, really. Now, if it would have had the Vertigo video shot in the desert instead of the studio, I would've liked it a lot better.

What all is on that DVD? All I got was the plain CD but I will buy the DVD if it's cool.

I don't either! This may be silly, but I can't get the DVD to play in anything but my computer. Why won't it play in my DVD player, so I can listen to it through my stereo? It's not because I bought the import, right?

1 Documentary: 41 minutes
4 "videos" - Vertigo and stripped-down versions of other album tracks.

The one great thing about the UK version is the extra song "Fast Cars". It's a great song!

No.

It's a real rip off imo.
It doesn't even have a lyrics book. I could have saved myself £10 and got the £8.99 cd version

If you cant spare the 2 dollars extra to get the DVD there is something wrong

The CD itself was 12.99 and the DVD with it was 14.99 nothing wrong with that and they had lots of content on the DVD.

Yahweh said:

The CD itself was 12.99 and the DVD with it was 14.99 nothing wrong with that and they had lots of content on the DVD.

Myself, I went to AmazonUK.com and pre-ordered the CD/DVD set. I didn't know if the domestic(US) version would have "Fast Cars". I paid $56(USD) for something that sold in the states for $14.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

they're selling the cd and the cd/dvd version here for the same price. :shrug:

if you're curious about the dvd, it's probably worth the extra coupla bucks. i've heard a couple of the songs from the dvd version, and the acoustic version of 'sometimes' is fantastic.

i bought the collectors edition yesterday, but i don't have a dvd player. :reject: i'll have to entice my friends to let me watch it on theirs.

Knulp said:

Myself, I went to AmazonUK.com and pre-ordered the CD/DVD set. I didn't know if the domestic(US) version would have "Fast Cars". I paid $56(USD) for something that sold in the states for $14.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

'fast cars' isn't on the US version of the regular cd or the cd/dvd.

Yahweh said:

Try $5 dollars more. CD was $9.98 (I've even seen it for as low as $6.99) and the lowest I have seen the DVD version for is $14.98

I watched the DVD content once. Will probably never watch any of it again except Vertigo.

Knulp said:
I don't either! This may be silly, but I can't get the DVD to play in anything but my computer. Why won't it play in my DVD player, so I can listen to it through my stereo? It's not because I bought the import, right?

It may be, because it may be a different region coding.

Fast cars wasnt on that version in North America.

The collectors edition wasnt worth the money but the deluxe edition was.

15 dollars for a cd and a dvd is a pretty good price i wouldnt have expected less.

I really think it's worth it. Of course, I'm really into how the band developed a song. I'm into different versions of the song. I thought the acoustic version of Sometimes was excellent. Then, you have the banjo version of Vertigo, which is hilarious.

Knulp said:

The UK DVD is in PAL format. Unless you have a multiregion DVD player it won't play in regular US DVD players.

I got my cd/dvd set for only 10.99 canadian thats l;ess then the usual price for a CD only! and many places have it for 13.99 which is still less then the price for a regular cd without dvd so why are we bitching about? I think the price is great! I think the MUSIC alone is worth more then the 10.99 even the 13.99!

Best deal: get the CD/DVD deluxe version (not collector's ed) for a few dollars more than the plain CD, and then download "Fast Cars" from iTunes for $0.99. ...Seems like those collector's ed books are censored in the U.S. anyway!

i found the DVD very exciting, to be honest. we should feel lucky that the band is giving us an inside look to how they wrote the songs.

I was going to get the CD/DVD combo, but it was $5 more than the regular version and I really couldn't see myself watching the DVD more than once. Plus, it actually really bugs me for some reason to have an extra disc bogging down an album's packaging. The single disc seems more streamlined and punchier...I don't know. I'm nuts.

Back
Top Bottom