Caution Argument Ahead - Stuck In A moment is as good if not better than SYCMIOYO!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjhbonovox

Refugee
Yep its as good as the overrated SYCMIOYO and here's a prediction, it has more longevity than SYCMIOYO. Just listening to Stuck and its as good if not better. There is one thing that is for certain the mix and production is 100 times better than SYCMIOYO! Argue away!:wink:

Stuck is one of the most awfully produced U2 songs ever...really sugary and bloated...it also lacks the "X" factor that elevates a song to masterpiece status..its something indefinable, but Sometimes..' has it in spades.

So in conclusion, another awful troll-thread.

No, Red Lights not as good as Pride but Stuck is definetly an equal of SYCMIOYO, there aint much between them. I would rate them as 8/10 and would maybe say Stuck is better due to the better quality production and mix.:wink:

Are you just posting because you want people to argue.

Is that why you made such a silly statement.

So what if you think Stuck is better than Sometimes.

I'd rather look at the fact that Sometimes is a fantastic song.

I'd be more interested as to hear why you think that SOmetiems is so over rated, and there is already a thread for that if you want to post your thoughts,

No just pointing out that both songs are of similar quality. Well I think the song is overrated as I have seen people comparing it to One and also saying its EVEN better than One. Its just not on the same planet as a song like One thats why I say its overrated especially on here!

It's better than One, in my opinion. I certainly enjoy it a lot more. I feel Bono's singing is better in SYCMIOYO and that it has stronger lyrics.

However, you're just saying "I think Stuck is better than SYCMIOYO" without offering a reasonable case to back yourself up. You're bordering on trolling if you're going to make claims that you KNOW will rile people up without offering any reasonable defense.

I don't think SYCMIOYO even comes close to touching One, but it is certainly better than Stuck - even the acoustic version of Stuck, which I happen to like much better than the original.

I disagree - I love One, but Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own knocks me sideways. That might just be due to what my family's going through at the moment though - but nonetheless, I think it's a beautiful and painfully honest song.

The main difference between the songs is a simple one.

Sometimes saves HTDAAB from being a mediocre album, Stuck doesn't. have the same affect on ATYCLB.

All I have to say here is that I feel Stuck has always been criminally underrated by U2 fans. It's really an incredible song.

"Caution Argument Ahead" indeed

I think Sometimes is Miles ahead of Stuck, just as HTDAAB is miles ahead of ATYCLB

but, it does not bother me that someone else feels differently. I am not going to let it get me all worked up or bent out of shape. There are more important things to worry about. If someone wants to be a "troll" (which I do not think was the point of this thread) then let them. If they didnt get such over the top reactions out of people, they would not do it in the first place.

Stuck in a Moment is not a bad song at all. However, it doesn't hold a candle to Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.

Stuck In A Moment is an equal if not better song on 2 levels. Mullens drumming and the rhythm section are better on Stuck than SYCMIOYO, in fact you can hear Mullens drumming better. The 2nd level is the production and mixing and general sound of both songs. I enjoy listening to Stuck when played VERY loud far more than SYCMIOYO cos of the sound quality. Both songs have strong lyrics to them, one being about Michael Hutchence and the other Bono's father.

Also, Axver is EVERY one a troll that doesn't agree with your opinions on here. Never known a poster be soooooo wrong about a lot of things, including what is the most important era in U2's music, that being the 90's of course!:wink:

rjhbonovox said:
Also, Axver is EVERY one a troll that doesn't agree with your opinions on here. Never known a poster be soooooo wrong about a lot of things, including what is the most important era in U2's music, that being the 90's of course!:wink:

A troll would be someone who posts a knowingly inflammatory opinion without adequate justification. I know my opinion about Achtung Baby not being a masterpiece is not popular, and when I post it in discussion, I justify it rather than simply trolling and saying "October is better than Achtung!" Although I do think October's better (marginally), I know that such an opinion could incite anger, flames, and accusations of trolling. Thus, I justify my opinion and present reasons for it. Saying "Stuck is better than SYCMIOYO" will prompt a negative reaction from many posters and should be justified, otherwise it will appear to some as trolling.

And at least I get my setlist info right. :wink:

Lancemc said:

11 O'Clock Tick Tock:drool:

14th most played live U2 song ever, most intensively played live song from 1980 to 1985, most played non-album song ... 11 O'clock Tick Tock has an impressive run! An impressive run for an impressive song. :drool: :drool:

(And I think the live version is better than BOTH Stuck and SYCMIOYO! The less said about the studio version, the better.)

</off-topic>

Sometimes is a little better IMO,, None of them are close to being in my top 40 U2 song anyway.. Maybe thats why.

And you are not trolling :wink:

Axver said:

(And I think the live version is better than BOTH Stuck and SYCMIOYO! The less said about the studio version, the better.)

Not one once of my body can disagree:up:

Axver said:

</off-topic>
Sure you're not referring to Party Girl? :wink:

Axver said:

A troll would be someone who posts a knowingly inflammatory opinion without adequate justification.:wink:

I think I have justified my reasoning behind this thread. I see that I am not alone in my initial thoughts about the 2 songs. I would also say that neither song would be in my all time U2 top 50 songs that is for sure. Another thing that I don't like about SYCMIOYO is that it is too obvious. That is why it just reminds me of a Bon Jovi song, it is done in the same obvious style as a Bon Jovi song. Which is also what you could say about Stuck In A Moment but not quite as obvious.

I think Sometimes is stronger of the two songs, lyrically and emotionally. I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree rjhbonvox. How anyone can listen to Bono's "don't leave me here alone" line and not end up in floods is beyond me.

rjhbonovox said:

I think I have justified my reasoning behind this thread. I see that I am not alone in my initial thoughts about the 2 songs. I would also say that neither song would be in my all time U2 top 50 songs that is for sure. Another thing that I don't like about SYCMIOYO is that it is too obvious. That is why it just reminds me of a Bon Jovi song, it is done in the same obvious style as a Bon Jovi song. Which is also what you could say about Stuck In A Moment but not quite as obvious.

I've said this somewhere before - but in my opinion, this is how the song OUGHT to be - raw, full of pain - forcing oneself to come to terms with something that is incredibly tough to deal with, something that leaves you at your most vulnerable. Half the battle is admitting that.

That's what I get from the song anyway, I don't know if my interpretation makes sense to others?

No disrespect to old Jon Bon - but Bono's lyrics are a hell of a lot stronger than anything Bon Jovi have released. I think you're just linking the two because both guys have names containing "Bon" . ;) :lol:

Last edited:
I find that I have to be in a certain mood to listen to "Stuck." It's very sad and a bit of a downer.

"Sometimes" has made me cry in the past, but I also find that this is THE song that I sing in the shower, or around the house, or when I'm driving. I guess I like trying to "siiiiiiiiiiiiing!" like Bono! It's sad, but it doesn't bring down my mood like "Stuck" does.

I prefer "Sometimes," by far.

BLASPHEMY

Am I mistaken or did somebody compare One to Stuck??? They can't even be said in the same breath. One is the greatest song ever, period! And Stuck sounds like a bad U2 cover band. :uhoh: :wink:

Re: BLASPHEMY

unnamed_streets said:
One is the greatest song ever, period!

Not even in my top 25. Just goes to show it's a matter of taste.

Back
Top Bottom