catholic blues//convert shoes//stick on tattoos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
actually, the only really good U2 video

Please is one of my favorite songs ever (albums and single versions)

musically is awesome, and the lyrics... :drool:

Yeah, I'll post a link for it a little bit later tonight. It blew me away.

I saw U2 in Tampa after 9/11 and Bono said that this song will always have a new meaning to him because if you really listen to the words he can now apply it to all of the world's religous zealots.

Your Holy War
You know the score.......

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I will never understand why Pop gets so underrated even by the band. I would think they should be more embarrased of Zooropa (less a couple of songs) than Pop.

Even Ali is quoted to the references of the song Please with 9/11. It is like he had some vision or something.

I think Please is the most amazing song and is defintely one of my favorites. The whole Pop album is one of my favorite albums.

it is a great song. Pop is altogether great! and what´s the deal with U2 re-recording it?? anyone else heard this one? makes no sense what-so-ever. I don´t think they should be ashamed of Zooropa either, i think most of the songs on that album are really good/great. but then again, that's just me. by the way, what is a boot in a car...?

steak said:
IMHO The song actually isn't that good (esp on the album version) but the lyrics are some of Bono's best work

Agree. It's a good song, but for the lyrics. It doesnt stand out musically and it actually slows Pop down a bit too much at the end. I think a proper soul singer could bring it up to its full potential. Just imagine a Solomon Burke version.

Lyrics=among Bono's best

Please in Sarajevo will remain forever as one of U2's greatest peaks. Abso-fucking-lutely PERFECT. "September, streets capsizing ..." through to the end of the wailing and Edge's solo never fails to give me chills.

Back
Top Bottom