Cate Blanchett

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop Pius V

The Fly
In that epic version of Kite, does it bother anyone else that bono dedicates edge's fiery solo to Cate Blanchett? do you think he cleared it with the edge before doing so?

It's kind of a strange moment in what otherwise is a terrific performance.

It's kind of like performing "I Will Follow" and yelling, "George Clooney -- I will follow!"

Of course..I would follow....

it's just bono disclosing that edge thinks of cate blanchett when he's wanking.

silvrlvr said:
It's kind of a strange moment in what otherwise is a terrific performance.

It's kind of like performing "I Will Follow" and yelling, "George Clooney -- I will follow!"

Of course..I would follow....

:lmao:

She was in the audience that night in Sydney (me too), and I am guessing they meet backstage before the start of the show (me not), and Bono just acknowledged her.
Nothing more or nothing less.

pepokiss said:
but the WITS single Kite is not as good as melbourne's...

there the solo is amazing :drool:

That's because it happened in Melbourne:wink:

That was a fucking amazing night...

Down Under said:
She was in the audience that night in Sydney (me too), and I am guessing they meet backstage before the start of the show (me not), and Bono just acknowledged her.

I've never heard that version of Kite but that's nice, I love Cate Blanchett.

MrsSpringsteen said:

I've never heard that version of Kite but that's nice, I love Cate Blanchett.

"Cate Blanchett this is for you"

It was great!!

U2Man said:
Sorry, I really appreciate good humour, but this is totally inapropriate.

Besides, I don't mind the dedication, they have been friends for many years, and Bono's always shouting out people's names during songs.

U2Man said:

That is by far one of the most disgusting, inappropriate things you've ever said here.

After all the trouble you've caused around here, if it was up to me, that would be the final straw. Why you think saying things like that is okay, I have NO clue. I would hope that you'd know better.

I dunno, I think of Scarlett Johansen when i wank my Stratocasters :shrug:

Bonochick said:

That is by far one of the most disgusting, inappropriate things you've ever said here.

After all the trouble you've caused around here, if it was up to me, that would be the final straw. Why you think saying things like that is okay, I have NO clue. I would hope that you'd know better.

Now, I really don't want to get completely off topic and get myself into trouble here, but what exactly is the big deal? So it's a little off-colour humor. Maybe I'm just a little more on edge than usual (well, I am, but still) but isn't this the internet? Can't people say what they want and joke around how they want (within reason, not like hijacking forums and causing general mayhem, I don't see a joke about masterbation as anything worth calling attention to)?

I'm sorry, but it just feels like this forum is taking itself a little too seriously lately.

The comment is bad enough from any member, but considering the problems that have been caused by this member in the past, that was just way too much.

It also isn't just that it was a masturbation joke, it was a masturbation joke involving U2. We also have specific rules regarding discussion of the band members:

Posting about the bands' "private parts" in any way will not be allowed. Any threads about the bands private parts, subtle or not, may be closed, and the author may receive a warning via pm or email.

Posting about the bands' private life, questioning their marriages or sexuality is not allowed. Graphic sexual comments about the band in general will not be allowed. There is a level of decency and respect for the band we need to follow.

I don't get how making a joke about Edge wanking is any different from coveting Larry's moobs, but :shrug:

I'm no u2man fan, but that was just a silly humorous comment, jeez, let's not PC run amok.........

toscano said:
I'm no u2man fan, but that was just a silly humorous comment, jeez, let's not PC run amok.........

That's right. You're the last person that would support U2Man. :lol: The comment was harmless IMO.

I thought U2Man was making a pun about wanking, because Bono says it before Edge's guitar solo. A guitar solo = wanking.

But hey, I guess the rules are pretty clear about that sort of thing. :shrug:

mobvok said:
I thought U2Man was making a pun about wanking, because Bono says it before Edge's guitar solo. A guitar solo = wanking.

But hey, I guess the rules are pretty clear about that sort of thing. :shrug:

yea the guitarist for Rh...is been known for some wankering ...its sick!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom