car comercial wants Streets song??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JemEvans

War Child
Hello, Hello. I'm @ a place called Vertigo...-devi
Last nite I was listening to this one radio program that my area of Hell only gets and they sometimes report on interesting news happening in the music world. So anyways. They started talking about this car company who wanted to pay the guys like $87million dollars to use the Streets song in a comercial to promote some new car they have. Bono was reported in saying that no they wouldn't sell their song because it meant too much to them. Even though as tempting as the offer was and they could buy a lot of things with that kind of cash they just couldn't go through with it and sell the song.
So what do you guys think about that? I personally think that was great of them to not sell out such a awsome song to a car company. ok i'm done.
LATERS!

------------------
Fear Not..For I'll Be Watching You. And I know what you're all thinking. FOR SHAME!!

The above post is an example of a what happens when you spend too much time in U2 Chat and no where else. You end up weeks behind in U2 news!
wink.gif

People have discussed this Jemmy, but since you wish to talk about it now, I am more than willing to share my thoughts on this.

It is great that U2 decided not to do this. Streets is too important of a spiritual song to be cut up and made out to be a consumer appeal. Just think, what if they did this and you saw the ad 2-3 times a night. At some point, listening to Streets off the cd, the radio, or even the music video would be inseparable from a car in an ad. How "sold out" is that?

In my opinion, listening to Streets remains such a powerful and biblical church-moving experience. Especially with Psalm 116 added to the intro on the recent live versions. I can not help but think about God every time I hear this. Having that perception change to "driving with God in a certain brand of car" would take Streets out of my top 10 list of all time favorite U2 songs.

Thanks U2! See if you can get that much money for Miami or the Wanderer from a car company. Only then, would I like those songs better.
wink.gif

------------------
"Pull the trigger on a rock n' roll ****** bigger than Jesus on a bumper sticker!" -Bono, Bullet the Blue Sky.

Rollie Rollie Rollie.... You see the thing is that this local radio station -which is one of those has to have a marathon to raise money to stay on the air every 6 months- is gothic so they don't always keep up with U2 news. It's just when the only female of the trio who's a major U2 fan finds out info about them do they report it. This time it seems that it was some car company here in florida that was offering them even MORE money 'coz since it's a local program i'm guessing it was from here that they were offering them the $87million for the Streets song. *looks @ post* hey...this will be my 300th!! Woo-Hoo!! YAY!! *Celebrates U2 not selling out and her 300th post!*

------------------
Fear Not..For I'll Be Watching You. And I know what you're all thinking. FOR SHAME!!

Hey whats wrong with spending waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on chat rollie???????????

I never post thank you very much

------------------
"I Am Still Enchanted By the Light You Brought To Me"

Well slap my ass sally!
biggrin.gif

It is a new report. That is a lot of money!

By the way MAJCU2, it is nice to see your cute lil' "babyface" bum bum in these parts.
wink.gif
Get to 100 posts and I'll give you a prize! ...*Checks the radar!*

[This message has been edited by Roland of Gilead (edited 05-10-2002).]

I will NEVER get to 100 posts...
I will NEVER get to 10 posts....
Why ? Because I feckin' lose my Interference password all the time!!
LMAO

Still I will haunt chat always

Originally posted by MAJCU2:
I will NEVER get to 100 posts...
I will NEVER get to 10 posts....
Why ? Because I feckin' lose my Interference password all the time!!
LMAO

Still I will haunt chat always

dude, do you know that you can change your password to something you can easily remember?

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

I'm not a dude thank you very much

And that was a something I like to call a JOKE....ever heard of those?

------------------
"I Am Still Enchanted By the Light You Brought To Me"

Back
Top Bottom