Can't wait for Sydney DVD? Check out Joshua Tree DVD! Full Running to Stand... Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roland of Gilead

Gunslinger
I don't know if you all knew this already, but I thought I'd post it anyways.

Running to Stand Still. Possibly the best part of the Sydney Show. It is all there on the Joshua Tree DVD. The rubbing of the arm. The slamming of the needle into the arm. The beautiful hallelujahs. An absolute bliss!

I guess they had to cut this off the tv broadcast of this wonderful documentary for commercials and time restraints.

I completely agree!

Does anyone know what the delay is on the Sydney DVD? It's such a masterpiece!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

The ZooTVSydney and PopMartMexico DVDs were actually scheduled for release back in 2000, but they were pulled after a short time. My guess (hope) is they decided to wait until they had the time to do a great DVD version, with all the bells and whistles.

Originally posted by hibricc:
The ZooTVSydney and PopMartMexico DVDs were actually scheduled for release back in 2000, but they were pulled after a short time. My guess (hope) is they decided to wait until they had the time to do a great DVD version, with all the bells and whistles.

Gawd... wouldn't that be nice.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by ocu2fan:
Whats the Joshua Tree DVD? Do you mean Rattle and Hum?

The Joshua Tree DVD (reasonably priced around $12 or $15) documents the recording of the album, has interviews and jam sessions with plenty of neat tidbits thrown in! Well worth the purchase!

No, there is actually a "Joshua Tree DVD."

It is part of a "classic albums" program that focuses on how the best albums were made. This DVD was made shortly after the release of the "Best Of" cd (I think, due to the Sweetest Thing video being included).

Most of the songs off the Joshua Tree are discussed by all the members of U2 during the post-Pop era. You see Bono and Dan sitting down listening to JT demos for the first time in a long time. Eno also talks quite a bit. He almost destroyed the Streets demo on purpose!!!

This is, by all means, a documentary of the making of the Joshua Tree. Approx. 60 minutes.

and this dvd contains rtss from the zoo tv sydney show?
the whole performance?
any help would be appreciated.

------------------
itsyourworldyoucanchangeit

Originally posted by hibricc:

I remember being so excited, and then sooo massively pissed when they were just sort of cancelled. Actually to be technical, I think it was actually Popmart and The Best Of Video if my memory serves.

The entire performance!!!

Running to Stand Still, live from Sydney - Start to Finish!!!

Halle Halle Hallelujah!

It is ALL right there!
biggrin.gif

I have this on VHS but was thinking I will get it on DVD since I now have a DVD player. I loooooove that version of RTSS. Can someone tell me, is this Joshua Tree DVD, Rattle and Hum, and the Elevation Boston the only U2 DVDs at this time?

A question I possibly should know already... but I have been so DVD clueless up until this past Christmas
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
*Can foresee this getting really boring*
rolleyes.gif
and it already doesn't take that much to annoy me right now

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

ROLAND! ARGHHHH! Just went out right while reading all this, drove to Tower Records, then Blockbuster, then Rasputin (used store) with NO LUCK! It sounds great!
I must find this, but where?
*calling Target on the other line*

My friend gave me this for x-mas, I love this!!!! I think I watched well over 6 times already. Love the RTSS part, I also love watching Bono and Dan going over the tracks, some funny moments there. Like during Exit

Dan: *cranking up guitar* Bono's guitar *looks over at Bono just as Bono let the comment sink in, their eyes meet and Bono cracks a smile*

Bono: *after playing it off, Bono finally chuckles and composes himself* that's the first time anyone's ever said that

Sorry but that cracks me up everytime.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

the dvd also has the sweetest thing video.
arrrghh this is pitiful, U2 need more DVD's and maybe another paramount treatment.

[This message has been edited by CannibalisticArtist (edited 01-09-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom