Can't stand the wait!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
I just have to say that I am so excited that we are gonna have new U2 to tide us over in the weeks to come! :)

The Ramones tribute got pushed back a week to Nov 12 (bummer), but I can't wait to here their interpretation of "Beat on the Brat"! Anxious to hear all of "The Hands that Built America", and I just saw the update about Bono doing Sinatra's "That's Life" for "The Good Thief" soundtrack.

Just to make sure I haven't been out-to-lunch, none of these songs is available to hear anywhere online (other than the brief "HTBA" snippet), right?:

I suck

*sniffle* Ok, so I posted this 5 hours ago and its only been viewed 9 times.... *sniffle*

So does this thread title suck? Or should I have put it in a forum other than "Where The Album Has No Name"?

Or am I just the dorky new kid that no one wants to talk to? :sad: :(

Hi, :wave:

Thats a very good point we have almots a brand new U2 album out

Electrical Storm
The Hands That Built America
Beat the Brat
Thats Life

and a newly worked

Discotheque
Staring at the Sun
Gone
Numb

Well all the reasons to get excited

i'm really excited, if anyone knows if you can download any of the aforementioned songs please tell us...i'll go mad otherwise (well...a little more mad than i already am then...!!!)

ok....be honest here...WHO ISN'T....i've managed to get even the non-U2 fan friends to be excited...(although i don't think they know what they should be excited about!!!)

One more

*Another* song to add to the list to be watching for:
(This is an email from the www.atu2.com mailing list)

Bono will sing a duet with UK singer/songwriter/TV host Jools Holland on Holland's upcoming album of duets which is due for release November 18th. Holland, an original member of the band Squeeze, has hosted a very successful BBC TV programme called Later...with Jools Holland for the past ten years. Little is known about the track, but an article in the Edinburgh Evening News mentions that highly-respected British jazz trumpeter Guy
Barker was recording with Bono and Holland. You can use the link below to learn a bit about the Holland duets album -- look for the mention in the final paragraph of text before the track listing of Holland's unrelated DVD
release.

http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Releases/warner_vision/later.htm

m2
--

Yay! Lots comin' out for my b-day!! :yes: :hyper: :combust:

Im very excited about all the new stuff on the way, as a matter of fact I couldnt wait for the new best of so I preordered it on Amazon and probably paid way to much......hope it gets here soon!:wink:

elvis presley-
that is a great picture-
is that from passengers?
I like how bono has the apron on.:wink:

Another one

Well, it's nice to have THTBA ticked off the list, that was definitely worth the wait! There will be another song to watch out for, only U2 connection is that it was written by Bono and Gavin Friday, but it will be sung by Andrea Corr, and I am a big Corrs fan:

New Friday, Seezer and Bono Collaboration

Gavin Friday, Maurice Seezer and Bono have written a song called "Time Enough for Tears" for the upcoming Jim Sheridan film "In America." Says Friday: "Bono saw the film and was blown away by it. He wanted to work with us and something happened, organically." The song has a '40s Cole Porter, Ella Fitzgerald feel to it and is likely to surprise anyone who expects something along the line of the previous collaboraton, "In the Name of the Father." Friday: "It's very poetic, very romantic. It's got that 'You take away the sun' beauty and nakedness. It's a beautiful song." The song's written from a girl's perspective, so vocalist Andrea Corr was asked to sing on the track. The film, "In America," will premiere next year, April/May at the earliest. (Source GF)

? gavinfriday.com, 2002.

Kinda sucks that we'll be waiting awhile, but I'm relieved to know that they think it will "surprise anyone who expects something along the line of the previous collaboraton", which if I remember correctly was included Billy Boola (and I really did not care for). In the Name of the Father wasn't too bad, but if Time Enough for Tears is way different, I think I will be pleasantly surprised!

Re: Another one

Kinda sucks that we'll be waiting awhile, but I'm relieved to know that they think it will "surprise anyone who expects something along the line of the previous collaboraton", which if I remember correctly was included Billy Boola (and I really did not care for). In the Name of the Father wasn't too bad, but if Time Enough for Tears is way different, I think I will be pleasantly surprised! [/B]

I for one loved In the Name of the Father Sndtrk. maybe its because the movie is soooooo good! Billy Boola is a fun track as well as the title track. I also am a huge fan of Thief of your heart by Sinead O'Connor....love that song. I hope this upcoming sdntrk is a diamond in the rough...:wink:

The new Best Of is definitely exciting, but I'm not too much of a fan of Bono's collaborations outside of U2. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens with all of these releases.

Re: One more

bonosloveslave said:
*Another* song to add to the list to be watching for:
(This is an email from the www.atu2.com mailing list)

Bono will sing a duet with UK singer/songwriter/TV host Jools Holland on Holland's upcoming album of duets which is due for release November 18th. Holland, an original member of the band Squeeze, has hosted a very successful BBC TV programme called Later...with Jools Holland for the past ten years. Little is known about the track, but an article in the Edinburgh Evening News mentions that highly-respected British jazz trumpeter Guy
Barker was recording with Bono and Holland. You can use the link below to learn a bit about the Holland duets album -- look for the mention in the final paragraph of text before the track listing of Holland's unrelated DVD
release.

http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Releases/warner_vision/later.htm

m2
--

Yay! Lots comin' out for my b-day!! :yes: :hyper: :combust:

Just an update - it will be a new version of "If You Wear That Velvet Dress"!

Back
Top Bottom