Can *YOU* ID this song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:sexywink: Whatever it is it sounds great...and what else would I be doing with all the time that I've used so far to search for the lyrics on the web....roflmao:laugh: :rolleyes: :confused:

Attachments

• hands2.jpg
    hands2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Hello,

I posted this request in another (Dutch) newsgroup, but there was no definite answer. :( Sorry.
Nevertheless, someone did say that it sounds a bit like Roger Waters (former Pink Floyd frontman) and I can also hear a little bit of him in the song (vocals). Unfortunately, I'm not a big Roger Waters/Pink Floyd fan, so I don't know if he sang a song that sounds like the mystery tracks. However, IIRC, Roger Waters did release an album (Amused To Death) in the early '90s (maybe even 1993), so it can be a track from that album. I'm not sure though, but you might check it out.

C ya!

Marty

It isn't from Amused To Death; he sounds like he's dying on that album.

typhoon said:
It isn't from Amused To Death; he sounds like he's dying on that album.

You're right. Yesterday evening I was looking at the lyrics of Amused To Death and I didn't see any familiar phrases (as transcribed before). So that's another album we can strike out.

Hopefully this will not turn into an eternal quest...

C ya!

Marty

Carmanah said:

If we don't figure it out by next March, it will become the "ten year quest".

Well at least then we can have a nice party for it..

gah *is totally stumped*

cosmicgirl said:
I sent this quest on to the friendly folks at anotther forum i belong to. They had some interesting answers.......

Here's the link:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1485

Thanks... but you should probably give them all the known details so far, such as:

- It's not U2, but sounds like it
- It was recorded off of a radio station in March of 1993, so it was either released in 1993 or earlier.
- The radio station was in Vancouver, BC, Canada during prime time afternoon radio, so that counts out anything like a bootleg or an unknown band. It especially counts out anything done in a different language... it was a typical rock/pop station that played that song (not an independent world music station)
- The song is a studio recording. It's not live.
- The lyrics are nowhere to be found online. We've tried. Nothing shows up.
- I recorded this quite possibly off of AM radio when I was 12 years old. The sound quality of my mp3 is crappy, but that doesn't represent the quality of the song.

So, um.. yeah. :p

Ugh!!! I started reading this thread at the very first post, and was so tempted to skip to the very end to see if the answer had been discovered. But I was patient, and I read each post, savoring the anticipation...only to be ultimately disappointed.

Ok, everybody quit screwing around and just post the band and song name. THanks.

Alright, joke's over.

The band is Color Me Badd and the song is called "Let's Do It In My Car" from the "I Wanna Sex You Up" album.

badd.gif

U2DMfan said:

yes it is, probably just a soundcheck song.

How many people could recognize the Melbourne outtakes if they never heard them???

Exactly.

You should have read all the posts. It is not a soundcheck song, someone already suggested that. It was aired on the radio, and it is a studio produced song.

david said:

You should have read all the posts. It is not a soundcheck song, someone already suggested that. It was aired on the radio, and it is a studio produced song.

If a studio produced that piece of music they will not get much work if any in the near future. I understand it was recorded from the radio, but I have a little experience in music production, that is not a studio song. Anything can be aired on the radio that is irrelevant.

U2DMfan said:

If a studio produced that piece of music they will not get much work if any in the near future. I understand it was recorded from the radio, but I have a little experience in music production, that is not a studio song. Anything can be aired on the radio that is irrelevant.

Yeah, it was recorded off the radio 10 years ago, and the MP3 is obviously not of great quality. The reason I believe it's a studio song, is that the chorus has multiple layers of vocals and guitar going on. The end sounds sparse, which might indicate it not being a professional studio recording. But hey, simple sparse sounding songs were the thing back in 93, because alternative music back then didn't need super production.

I have been following this post for a long time now. The only thing I know for sure it that this is NOT U2. More repeated listens only magnifies that fact. Not bono's voice, similar to edge's style of guitar, but not edge's guitar. Does sound a little like Larry's drumming though :)

Check this out:

One of the head honchos at YTV is on the case now.

Someone from the Eidos forums works there and apparently this guy knows a lot about music.

Cool,eh?:cool:

Back
Top Bottom