Can we stop the begging threads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone really needs to start a site or group where you all can go trade .. I am not really happy about the new policy about not trading, though I do understand it, but its been very hard on the mods to try to enforce this rule :sigh:

Sicy said:
Someone really needs to start a site or group where you all can go trade .. I am not really happy about the new policy about not trading, though I do understand it, but its been very hard on the mods to try to enforce this rule :sigh:

i would imagine that it's tough. luckily, the storm of requests will probably blow over in a couple days.

i belong to a great usergroup, and it's not hard to start one. so i'm sure someone will take the inititive to start another one.

Hard on mods or not (no offense, I am glad someone is doing the mod thing), I am just sick of reading the beggers on here, in like 10 different threads, I would not be so negative about this if they all stuck to one thread. If you want the extra stuff contact someone you know, and leave the blue crack out of it.

i'd just delete the threads, just so everyone gets the point right off the bat.

If I merged all the begging threads, its like saying they are ok.

If I close them all people will whine.

If I dont close them people will whine.

I think starting a group or site somewhere else for this is a great idea.. I just dont know how one would go about it, as another rule here is you are not allowed to advertise your own site or forum. :crack:

Sicy said:

I think starting a group or site somewhere else for this is a great idea.. I just dont know how one would go about it, as another rule here is you are not allowed to advertise your own site or forum. :crack:

Slap em all Sicy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But could you email me the Popmart from Mexico City first?

I kid, I kid.....

Shut'em down.

Sicy said:

you can always just ban the people that whine, too!:wink:

in all honestly, the only problem i have actually has to do with the premium membership(not trying to start a debate on this, lol), just because i can't PM people or even find their email address, which would make it hard to find any new site or usergroup. though, i may end up dishing the $12 out now that i've gotten myself out of financial trouble.

mikal said:
in all honestly, the only problem i have actually has to do with the premium membership(not trying to start a debate on this, lol), just because i can't PM people or even find their email address. though i may end up dishing the $12 out now that i've gotten myself out of financial trouble.

Actually, it IS ok to put your website in your sig.. so if someone wanted to do that, that would be fine. Just cant start a thread COME TO MY WEBSITE HERE TO TRADE MP3S or anything like that.

Of course, you need to be a premium member to have a sig though.

Yep, it'll blow over when everyone's got over the fact that ITunes are not going to change the format of the boxset. Anyways, like everyone in all of other many (many, many, er, many) threads has said, if they want MP3's that badly, then they just need to do a bit of looking. I'm sure they're out there.

BTW,
Sicy, you and the other mods do a great job running this place :)

Thanks beau2ifulday... its a very thankless job most of the time, I appreciate it!

it would be even more hilarious if they put "OMFG!!11 LEEV DIS PLAICE AND JOIN MY FORRUMS!!!111 in their sig, lol.

Begging for tracks & recordings? Wait 'til the tour starts..."hurry up and upload this show in mp3!!!" while the taper is in his car on the way home :( I could see asking for the iTunes tracks, because they're not available to most people...but just look around some p2p sites; they'll show up...that's what I'm gonna do hehe

I'm actually quite surprised at the timing of this whole uproar.

Apple/U2 announced this Digital Boxset on October 26th.

They said it would contain rare and previously unreleased tracks.

They said it would only be available via itunes.

They said the Digital Boxset would be available on November 23rd.

They said it would cost $149 without the ipod coupon.

The people in countries without itunes knew at that point that they didn't have itunes.

The people that couldn't afford it knew then they wouldn't be able to afford it.

Physical Box Sets with rare and previously unreleased songs do not offer the purchase of single versions of those songs.

Bang, the clock strikes midnight on November 23rd and all hell breaks loose. As if no saw this coming.

"Hey wait, they're releasing rare and previously unreleased tracks, holy shit, how can U2 do this, why didn't they tell us this would only be available in the Digital Boxset via itunes. Oh my God, fuck U2, fuck Apple, fuck the fans that purchased this boxset and haven't posted links to all of the songs yet"

I understand all the frustration of people, both financially and geographically, I'm just shocked at the timing, like if this had been some big secret for the last month. Yes the tracklisting wasn't announced but how many different ways does someone have to say "rare and previously unreleased tracks" for it to sink in that they would be releasing "rare and previously unreleased tracks" and that they would be contained in the Digital Boxset for $149 via itunes?

I'm not going to judge anyone for trying to get the songs, that just goes with loving U2 so much that every song is like discovering gold in your backyard. Personally, I haven't decided whether or not to buy the set, I probably will once all of the kinks are worked out, but since it's available to me I also will definately not be downloading any songs unless I buy the boxset from itunes, I just wouldn't feel right about it. Although honestly deep in my heart I don't think U2 would begrudge anyone who couldn't afford it, or didn't have it available to them to download the songs from where they could, they aren't so naive that they don't think these songs will be available online. For Christ sake the album was available.

But posting thousands of email addresses begging is not the way to go on this one, that's just looking for the easy way out. If you can't figure out the ptp thing, figure it out, the songs are there, or will be there before you can say "rare and previously unreleased tracks". Just make an effort, don't expect everything to be in your inbox.

ramblin rose said:
I'm actually quite surprised at the timing of this whole uproar.

Apple/U2 announced this Digital Boxset on October 26th.

They said it would contain rare and previously unreleased tracks.

They said it would only be available via itunes.

They said the Digital Boxset would be available on November 23rd.

They said it would cost $149 without the ipod coupon.

The people in countries without itunes knew at that point that they didn't have itunes.

The people that couldn't afford it knew then they wouldn't be able to afford it.

Physical Box Sets with rare and previously unreleased songs do not offer the purchase of single versions of those songs.

Bang, the clock strikes midnight on November 23rd and all hell breaks loose. As if no saw this coming.

"Hey wait, they're releasing rare and previously unreleased tracks, holy shit, how can U2 do this, why didn't they tell us this would only be available in the Digital Boxset via itunes. Oh my God, fuck U2, fuck Apple, fuck the fans that purchased this boxset and haven't posted links to all of the songs yet"

I understand all the frustration of people, both financially and geographically, I'm just shocked at the timing, like if this had been some big secret for the last month. Yes the tracklisting wasn't announced but how many different ways does someone have to say "rare and previously unreleased tracks" for it to sink in that they would be releasing "rare and previously unreleased tracks" and that they would be contained in the Digital Boxset for $149 via itunes?

I'm not going to judge anyone for trying to get the songs, that just goes with loving U2 so much that every song is like discovering gold in your backyard. Personally, I haven't decided whether or not to buy the set, I probably will once all of the kinks are worked out, but since it's available to me I also will definately not be downloading any songs unless I buy the boxset from itunes, I just wouldn't feel right about it. Although honestly deep in my heart I don't think U2 would begrudge anyone who couldn't afford it, or didn't have it available to them to download the songs from where they could, they aren't so naive that they don't think these songs will be available online. For Christ sake the album was available.

But posting thousands of email addresses begging is not the way to go on this one, that's just looking for the easy way out. If you can't figure out the ptp thing, figure it out, the songs are there, or will be there before you can say "rare and previously unreleased tracks". Just make an effort, don't expect everything to be in your inbox.

:rant: :angry: :scratch: :rant: :scream: :edge: :scratch: :angry: :angry: :rant:

Personally, I think you're making some sense here Rose.

Back
Top Bottom