Can somebody explain the St. Louis Rams to me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You (8-2) got beat by a 5-5 team (Bucs), much like my college team (Alabama, 5-5) beat Auburn (7-3).

Such is the excitement of sports. Stranger things have happened (Oklahoma State over Oklahoma).

~U2Alabama

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 11-26-2001).]

I still think the Rams are the strongest team in the NFL. But tonight also proved that it's still anyone's year. There are a lot of good teams that could go all the way. I guess we'll have to wait and see. That's the whole fun of it!
smile.gif

------------------
You think you know me

Whatever. You people are lame. Its all about the Detroit Lions. O-10 baby! On our way to a perfect season! woohoo!

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

At least you're still 8-2. My Falcons are a frustrating team. Beat the Pack in GB, yet get absolutely smoked *at home* by the Bears & Pats. And we won't even talk about the lucky Phoney Niners

Originally posted by pub crawler:
Thank you.
pub, I'm right there with ya, my buddy. I had a "Buffet At Golden Corral" bet on that game. Can you send me $7?

Tampa is a tough matchup for the Rams...beat em last year and probably deserved to beat them in the NFC championship game 2 yrs ago, prompting a rule change. Some teams just match up well against others...people had anointed the Colts as AFC champs until my Pats whomped them twice...they just seem to have Peyton Manning's number.
The Rams are still the best overall team in the league, but are not a lock to win the Super Bowl, its fairly wide open. Beware the Niners.

Bottom line: The only team in the NFL that can beat the Rams is the Rams. They sure did a pretty good job of it last night. Five turnovers don't give your team a good chance of winning. If St. Louis doesn't cough up the ball like they did, it's a 35-7 Rams victory. Mike Martz's refusal to implement any type of running game didn't help either. The Bucs are a mediocre team, but they were hungrier than the Rams last night.

Back
Top Bottom