Can Bono still write "achtung baby" type lyrics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Originally posted by Seconds:
I assume you're joking, but just in case you're not. What does his age have to do with anything?

my question exactly. Age means...what when it comes to writing good lyrics? Probably that you have more experience to draw on and can write better ones. Oh and since when is 40 "old"?
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
my question exactly. Age means...what when it comes to writing good lyrics? Probably that you have more experience to draw on and can write better ones. Oh and since when is 40 "old"?
rolleyes.gif

Amen!

Just look at Bob Dylan! His genius belies age discrimination and continues to be a relevant and important voice in music today.

can he write them?

I don't see why not, although that may just not be his thing anymore

Would I like him to?

Fuck yeah! I love ATYCLB, but as far as lyrics go I prefer not to have them pushed in my face as much as they are on much of the new album... the lyrics on ATYCLB are great, but not on a level with JT or AB. imo.

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
His soul is looking old , very old
Mick Jagger , Elton John , Paul Mccartney , Lennon , Freddie Mercury , Bob Dylan at his age were much younger , brighter and i'm not even talking about Bowie or Roger Daultrey .

LMAO at including Elton John in that line-up. And I have to disagree with pretty much every one of those except for Dylan and possibly Lennon.

Bono is one of the best lyricists ever - of course he can write those kind of lyrics. The next album, in my prediction, is going to have amazing lyrics.

feel like trash - you make me feel ....

Do you think Bono is still capable of writing lyrics like he did in Achtung Baby? And would you like him to go back to those type of lyrics?

I would love to see Achtung Baby type lyrics, and perhaps we will as AB was inspired by relationships and the Gulf War - now that we are in the midst of a new war, perhaps he will channel these emotions into darker lyrics. I don't see it happening though - because he seems truly happy in life and love and might feel that he would be covering old territory by doing so.

Back
Top Bottom