Can anyone verify/deny this line from One Tree Hill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clawgrabber

War Child
Los Angeles, California (There Is No End To Love)
In the US Television show (season 3 i think) Peyton says to her mom "i can't believe you got to see U2 on their first US tour!"

to which she replies "Yeah. They opened for the psychedelic furs"

can anyone verify / deny the validity of this? personally I don't think it happened.

Axver?

When exactly did they play their first US tour? Their first US gigs were on the 2nd leg of the Boy tour, but they didn't open for them then.

I only know the main act for two of U2's concerts on their first US tour, the second leg of the Boy Tour in December 1980. Both were American acts - Talas in Buffalo and Barooga in Boston.

I just checked Pimm's U2 Live book, and that has no extra information.

Not in the states and not the Boy tour but I found this, ""October" tour - november 3, 1981- U2 perform in Hamburg, Germany at the Fabrik. U2 are billed appearing with "The Psychedelic Furs". Because the Furs were not allowed to do a soundcheck, they do not perform, alienating a large portion of the crowd."

U2jer said:
Not in the states and not the Boy tour but I found this, ""October" tour - november 3, 1981- U2 perform in Hamburg, Germany at the Fabrik. U2 are billed appearing with "The Psychedelic Furs". Because the Furs were not allowed to do a soundcheck, they do not perform, alienating a large portion of the crowd."

Ah, the legendary riot gig. The bootleg has a performance of I Will Follow that is memorable for all the wrong reasons - notably the two false starts.

Back
Top Bottom