Camera's not allowed this time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
IMO I don't think camera's will be allowed this time around (3rd leg), due to all the tighter security. And I think everyone can expect to be searched. Do you agree or disagree?

We were searched last time, just not frisked. Think how long it would take to get into GA if that happens!
eek.gif
U2 don't mind their pics being taken, they just don't like the flashes in their eyes.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

I went to 3 shows at the Fleetcenter in Boston in June and nobody was searched all 3 nites. Anyone could have brought anything in. I don't know about other stadiums or ballparks, but the 1st game played at Fenway since the attacks, everyone was searched, cars weren't allowed to park within 100 ft of ballpark, and things that they normally allow in weren't allowed in. I still think it's going to be alot different for this 3rd leg and will probably include not allowing any camera's and a longer wait to get in....

I got frisked so thoroughly (in Arnhem), I thought all my Christmases had come at once! Still managed to smuggle in my little digital camera, though. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
biggrin.gif

Whether they are allowed or not, it's not that hard to get a camera in.

We'll have to wait and see...but I think small 35mm cameras and throwaways will likely be allowed.
Camera cases and backpacks etc. will not likely be allowed however.

In San Diego we were told no cameras so I was hiding 2 in very secret places.
Once I got to the GA floor one of them went flying out the hiding place, landed right by one of the security guy's feet, he looked at me and told me to keep going.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by NicaMom (edited 09-21-2001).]

We were told cameras were allowed, but no flashes and no video cameras. Also, big, expensive, and long lens professional cameras were confiscated! No one cared about cheapo specials or disposables. They also do not want laser pointers! I just bought my kids a 20 piece laser pointer set, and it says all over the package and directions not to ever point them in someone's eyes, and to 'not aim laser beam at any person for any reason at any time.' That includes U2! Please don't take laser pointers!

About 'sneaking' in cameras- back in the old days, I had much success in hiding it at the bottom of my purse covered with napkins and ketchup packages, and the guards thought it was just junk at the bottom. Might be worth a try.
wink.gif

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 09-21-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom