Calling all U2 GEEKS, NERDS and STATS FREAKS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
I have catalogued 176 original U2 songs and ranked them. I have included no remixes in this ranking. I haven't heard all of U2's songs but 99% of them. I will not put my entire list here but I will put my preliminary ranking of the HTDAAB which I have incorporated into the list. Mind you this ranking of mine changes with every U2 listen so I'm sure it will change as well as the other lists from my fellow U2 nerds.

I will put the song before and after each HTDAAB song.
This list is sure to hurt some and infuriate others but thats why we play the game. We love U2 and we like to discuss.

I will start from "worse" to "best"

103. The sweetest thing
104. Miracle Drug-HTDAAB
105. Indian summer sky

100. Van Diemen's Land
101. Sometimes you can't make on your own-HTDAAB
102. MLK

96. The ground beneath her feet
97. One step closer-HTDAAB
98. Out of control

80. Ultraviolet
81. Yahweh-HTDAAB
82. A sort of homecoming

75. Trip through your wires
76. All because of you-HTDAAB
77. Mothers of the disappeared

58. MOFO
59. Vertigo-HTDAAB
60. Desire

51. The unforgettable fire
52. Love and peace or else-HTDAAB
53. I still havent found what I'm looking for

47. Electrical storm
48. City of blinding lights-HTDAAB
49. Tomorrow

44. Beautful day
45. Crumbs from your table-HTDAAB
46. Staring at the sun

30. BAD
31. Original of the species-HTDAAB
32. Exit

24. Stay
25. A man and a woman-HTDAAB
26. Stories for boys

So no song cracked the top 25 from the new album, but if you think about, there are so many good songs. 25 out of 176 or so is a lot.

that's impressive, I just don't think I could ever come up with a ranking system like that...too difficult to decide and distinguish! :)

Okay, you asked for my TOP 25:

1. In gods country
2. New years day
3. Sunday bloody sunday
4. The fly
5. Until the end of the world
6. Love comes tumbling
7. Even better than the real thing
8. Gloria
9. Do you feel loved
10. Gone
11. Lemon
12. Where the streets have no name
13. 11 Oclock tick tock
14. In a little while
15. One tree hill
16. With our without you
17. Silver and gold
18. The wanderer
19. One
20. Seconds
21. Zooropa
22. Acrobat
23. New York
24. Stay
25. AMAAW

I need some sort of "ranking" program just to get my list started...How did you go about this? Little pieces of paper...each one with a different song title on it???:wink:

Its fun mostly. Just Rank one album first then fuse the next album into that first list and so on. Usually start with the weakest song of an album and start at the bottom of the list then work your way up and compare to each song that you approach. I started doing this after the Zooropa album. I sometimes look at the list and I'm like what the hell is this song doing do low or high etc...

Do you have a Word file you could post...with all the song names typed out...that would save me some time...

I'll just say...my list wouldn't look anything like yours...NY ahead of Stay? Sweetest thing not in your top 100? No way!!!:wink:

Gosh, ranking all those songs would be very challenging for me.

However, I can say my all-time least three favorite songs are "Trip Through Your Wire", "Trying to Throw Your Arms around the World" and "Babyface".

Three of my all-time favorite U2 songs are "Pride", "One Tree Hill" and now, "City of Blinding Lights". Yep, like that third one SO much that it's entered my top 3! :yes:

ahh, i used to have a list like this a long time ago. i wonder where it is? :hmm: i remember lemon was #1. i'm not sure if i did the list before or after pop came out.

thankfully because of itunes rankings, that would at least save some time with rankings for me. take all the one stars and rank those at the bottom, then two stars, working my way up to the five stars. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom