Calling ALL U2 fans... ...i was in Dalkey near Dublin the other day and.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need a little help in working something out. Last week i visited Dublin for the first time, and, as well as being blown away by the atmosphere of the city, managed to see a couple of U2-related places of interest. I stood in front of the Bonavox hearing-aid shop, chatted with the receptionist in the Clarence hotel and best of all, managed to get my arse down to the suburbs of Dalkey and Kiliney, south of the city. I was over there with a mate of mine, who's also a fan of U2 (good taste is a priceless commodity) and with the little money we had thought we'd check out why the areas above are such a popular home for many music and sporting celebrities.

Any way, to cut a long story short, i knew that Bono's house was near Dalkey somewhere, and was lucky enough to stand at the great man's driveway gate and admire the artwork that adorned it!! As we stood there, it opened, and these two young girls emerged and wandered down the street. Does anyone have pictures of Bono's kids, because i am sure that one of them could have been one of his daughters.

I know this may sound like some weird thing but trust me!! It isn't. I'm just curious to know who i saw.:huh:

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.

Yours. Mysprit. :)

Ca. 1997:
sarajevo1fam.jpg

Eve:
evie_slane.jpg

bono_family.jpg

The pics are all a bit older already, but maybe they help you. Would be so cool, if you saw Jordan or Eve. :)

Thankyou very much Falling Star for the trouble you went to!:bow::D

I'm nearly certain that the girl i saw was indeed one of the daughters. In the first photo of your reply, its the girl on the far right of picture (would that be Jordan???). I never thought i'd have seen any of the Hewsons while i was in Dublin, so i am grateful for your help on that! :cool:

Y'know, i honestly hadn't planned the trip to be the U2 pilgrimage it turned out to be, but thats really just put 'the icing on the cake' for me!!:hyper:

Thanks again. :)

mysteriousspirit said:
Thankyou very much Falling Star for the trouble you went to!:bow::D

I'm nearly certain that the girl i saw was indeed one of the daughters. In the first photo of your reply, its the girl on the far right of picture (would that be Jordan???).

Okay, I forgot saying who's who in the pics:
First pic:
Bono Ali JORDAN EVE

Second:
Well, okay EVE :D

Third:
Bono EVE Ali JORDAN

Today Jordan is 13, Eve is 11 - if this is any help for you if you could guess the age of that girl leaving the Bono mansion. :shrug: :)

If it was two girls about that age and their house it had to be either them or friends, probably them. Good thing it was you mysteriousspirit and not somene trying to harm them! It's good the girls can have a normal life in Dublin but I hope they will be careful:hug:

Thanks for the extra help FALLING STAR! I've had to re-evaluate, and now i realise it was Eve that i must've seen with a friend of hers. There's definitely that kinda Bono-intensity look in her eyes!
Glad i've sorted that so thanks again! :)

Regarding what ULTRAVIOLETBABE said, i think thats a very good point. I felt a very slight unease at finding Bono's house because its difficult to understand what it must be like to constantly have people seek out where you live and get close to you and your family. My intentions were purely that of an inquisitive fan, but of course Bono (or his family) are not to know that. Of course thats what fame brings, but there is no way in which a fan can get immediate trust from the person whom they would love to meet. I couldn't agree more about your last comment - it was great to see them just wander down the road and getting on with things as normal. Because thats what a real fan wants for the people they idolise.

Thanks for your comments.

Ciao for now.

Back
Top Bottom